How is God infinite?

Chatha said:
I am not sure how you came to an accord with this because space is infinite and thus time.
Proof?
If space is infinite, then energy is also infinite, because it is equally spread throughout the universe (take a look at the background radiation)...

Anyway there may be a God but if there is he or she should be worring about the same thing we are worring about; why are we here? That is if he or she has any ounce of intelligence. If he or she is not then it gives me no reason to. I believe in a higher power only because I don't want to be alone in the universe, not necessarily the christian or muslin God, and definitely not because of the bible. On infinity. Infinity are ratios approaching infinitely near and other same ratios drifting farther apart, e.g number line. All infinite have a perfectly finite subset, just depends on how you look at it, hence potential infinite is a fleeing moment from actual infinite. Everything is an approximation, even the number 1, as authoritative as it looks it is between 0.9 and 1.1, and lets not even mention that quantum mechs proposes that there is no reality and what you see is what you get.
Yes, indeed...
Ever watched "What the bleep do we know"?

P.S I WOULD REALY LIKE TO KNOW HOW DO YOU CREAT SPACE, WOULDN'T GOD HAVE TO BE IN SOME KIND OF SPACE TO DO THAT. AHA...SO GOD CANNOT BE MORE THAN 4 DIMENSIONAL, AT LEAST HE IS INSIDE SPACE
God is in the abscence of space, something beyond space...

Roman said:
I hear a lot about God's (supposed) infiniteness on these forums, and am unsure as to what exactly this means.
Does God encompass all rational numbers, and if so, is there a mathematical proof for this?
I doubt that this definition of infinite is correct. Perhaps you could inform me what it means.
God is One. Can`t you count Him?

some people confuse that BB happened at some point in infinite space.
the truth is, BB not only created matter and energy but also empty space.
in othjer words, BB happended in "nothingness"
as I said, our minds trapped in 4 dimention and cannot perceive nothingness
nothingness is not vacumm space as many of you mistaken
and God is above all , whether you can perceive or not

John Connellan said:
Yes, that is what is meant by God being infinite. God is "supposed" to be infinite in space and time. His power is thought to be infinite (i.e. omnipotent).
dear John
you are mistaken when trying to comprehen the existence of God
God is not only the supreme being that created universe with BB
assume universe ended with big crunch ( there is an end for everything except God)
God is the creator of many dimansions, or universes (so to speak) with different scientific rules
so our physcical and mathematical rules arfe not absolete, only valid in this universe
so in His eternal presence, how can you prove God's existence with our rules?
youi just cant
but be comfortoble, you will get answers in after life
best regards

Back