How do YOU meditate?

moonman

If you happen to believe in the buddist/hindu religions, you will still reincarnate in the next life and maybe your mind will be more at peace then. ;)

lol, i do sorta believe in them.. i'll try it in the next life hehe. although i've read that it is very unlikely to be reborn as a human..

proper meditation

just sit there don't do nothing
object is not a object at all just to cease all thought
let yourself go
let the universe go
and go with the flow
probebly be spiraling down the universe
just to watch what your thinking of
you think of nothing a blank screen
thats proper medition
a piston in an engine
thats proper meditation
a glacier melting into a ocean with all its tributaries
thats proper meditation
once you achive this you can focus your energy a thought form mantras any where you want to go higher levels or demensions to magic or the unknown demensions we have no idea about but meditation is stay still a stilling of ones mind stay put and enjoy where your going
and you if you want to see through the viel you must let go of your ego and just be what you were before you were born here then you can track trace signitures to any emotion you may have learned and find out just why you were so happy or so sad or so glad or so mad at a particular time in your life

actually as concerns hinduism, meditation and prayer aren't very different at all. just sit on the floor cross-legged, straight back, and focus your mind on ONE thing, on 1 tought.

I think part of keeping thoughts from popping up into your head is motivation. Lately I've been very motivated to try to become a better person so that helps alot. When I meditate I try to find stresses, muscle tensions and stuff like that, then I try to feel them and live them out, mostly because I think I'm already used to the stuff that really bothers me and don't really feel it, they just remove from my energy without me being aware of it. So that's what I search for when meditating. It seems to me like it's a bit too easy to start focusing on ignoring the stuff that bothers me instead of really dealing with them.

I'm just concerned, what time of day do you guys usually meditate? I've tried it at night, but sometimes I get too tired and just want to fall asleep. What do you think is the best time..?

I think you should meditate when you feel like you should.

When you meditate at night of coarse you feel tired, But you will get use to it when you do it often. I am a night and day meditator. I meditate when ever possible.

thx

goodbye...until we meet again...

I've done alot of different meditation methods from various cultures and religions. Wiccan, Buddhist, etc. There's a bunch of ways to meditate, more importantly alot of different reasons to meditate, its not really the means of getting there but the end result. When I meditate, I usally do it just to calm my mind and focus my thoughts, I usually just relax my mind, shutting out all outside influences, and focus on the Here and Now, its not really meditation, better known as Centering. I find this really good. When I first started out I used alot of visualization, this works well with beginners b/c we as people associate everything with sight. I just find that I can meditate now without visualising.

I can walk around my apt without opening my eye's.

I've been doing this for as long as I can remember. I would close my eyes and know where things where without opening my eye's. It isn't hard unless your in someone elses house. The reason I can do it is because I rememberized every part of my apt's and houses in the past.

thx

goodbye...until we meet again...

Back