How do YOU meditate?

reformedtopunk

got punk?
Registered Senior Member
So many people have so many different ways, and none seem to work for me. so again, i'm looking for new ideas. Please reply.

All I do is sit in chair. Close my eyes and think of being relaxed and when I breathe I feel like Im expanding and exhale I go back to normal. When I notice my mind talking I focus on the talking and go to it and make it shut the hell up. Same thing with my body, during meditation I notice my body a whole lot. I notice the vibes in my body the pulsing and I go to those spots that stands out in my mind and flow or pulse with it in harmony and eventually it goes away or better your whole body and mind pusles in harmony with the energy. It gives me a feeling of openess like I'm out of body floating.

Why you want to learn to meditate? Just curious.

I have a lot of difficulty at times meditating because I can't get my mind to settle down. One thing that has helped me immensely is when I do feel thoughts moving in - breathing with them and instead of acknowledging them - breathing them out. Maybe, that can help you. :)

my form of meditating is differnt

smoke some weed, put in some hard trance music with alot of bass and lay on the couch and close my eyes

most relaxing thing ever for me

althought i havnt "meditated" for some time

Big nerd that I am, I usualy sit up in my bed room (Usualy after cleaning, clean rooms make me happy), MAYBE play some sort of music, if I'm in the mood, heh, and then just read a book for hours, until I feel like taking a nap, wake up later and feel pretty damn good.

Another technique that I use in conjuction with breathing out my thoughts, I picked up at a yoga class. I pretty sure its common, but it's new for me and I find it really helps to relax me.

I just mentally go down my body from my head to my toes relaxing each part one by one, beginning with the top of my head, my forehead, serparating my eyebrows, allowing my eyes to sink into my head etc.

It works for me. :)

I swear, if I do Canadians way, I would end up whit a headache and anotther dirty spot on my personal record...

I do behave *a bit* Worst thing I did was getting drunk in Disney, or getting drunk and uhhh, Dunno...

Anyway, the way I meditate is just ttrying to let allt he things go...
I do listen to music often, and then it sort of happens...
I'd recomend sound-tracks, from games, series, movies, anything, alsong as it's calming you, or givving you a better feeling...

I don't like the things they play on radio, just what they make for use as background...

I mostly listen to SPC's of Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana...
I don't have a soundtrack CD, but the ones of Lord of the rings could do some good too...

That's my advise...
Some soothing soundtracks...

Good luck ;)

music without words be it classical or trance works

PS. Chrono Trigger for SNES best role playing game ever, the guy who made the characters for it is the same guy who made Dragon Ball & Dragon Ball Z

GOOD STUFF!

I know, Square + Akira Toriyama = best combo for story, characters and games

But we're getting off topic, but it very very true what you say ;)

i have trouble with meditating too. i can't concentrate and just start to think about stuff i should be doing.. only real peace of mind i get is with alcohol or possibly drugs (haven't done drugs just yet).. but drugs and alcohol are bad for meditating so i don't recommend that.

but music does help. i like dance music and trance. also turning the lights off and laying in bed and maybe burning some scented candles or incense..

oh, and lighting! i find red lighting most relaxing.. you can get different lights with just curtains or colored lamps or christmas lights and whatevers.:cool:

good luck
:)

Try this

start a discussion with yourself.
Talk to your conscience. Works for me, solves a lot of me problems as well.
Although I must say, my conscience is a bit naief :(
And no, that wasn't a joke

I have many different ways of meditation. The one that works the best for me is what i like to call the roy g biv. I start with the color red and visualise a red object like an apple and I examine it in my immagination. Texture, different shades in the skin, taste, size, shape etc etc and i change from red to Orange and to yellow to green to blue to indigo and to violet by the time im done im so relaxed its easy to concentrate and ground myself and.

This is more than simple meditation though. This technique actually lowers your Brain Frequency to what is called the "Schumann Resonance"

When your brain is at this state you can do some crazy $hit.

Hey, sly-guy...

What do you know about Schumann's Resonance?

I feel it has to do a lot more then being just that frequency...
I seen Serial Experiments Lain, and there I got some more detail on it...

It matches the average meditation state, so psychic powers and the Resonance, could it be some sort of telepathic network?

It's off-topic, sorry, but I just wanna know a bit more about it then I actually do right now.

*Nice technique by the way...
I should try that too :)*

Psy-learner,

I will post a new topic on that so we can talk about that

L8rs......

Originally posted by susanndrea

oh, and lighting! i find red lighting most relaxing.. you can get different lights with just curtains or colored lamps or christmas lights and whatevers.:cool:

good luck
:)

red colouring makes you horney!! a nice black light and lotta white postors in your room is very relaxing :D

I don't know what Lighting goes whit eachother...
But whit normal colors, I'd like blue, whit red or green...
Blue is the best color I like...
Even a bit of Blue and White or some forms of yellow and black.
I'll print my IRC/Game Nickname here in those colors :)
Normally I put - in between and color them the other way

DruncoPsyken
DruncoPsyken
DruncoPsyken

It seems Yellow and black isn't possible here, aw well...
I got a gift from mom...
It's a lamp, that would represent a torch.
The color of that lighting is much better too...
The botom is collored like a green autra, and then it goes from yellow to dark orange...

It's high up, kind of like a fire lighting, only more soothing...
Blue and Red lighting, isn't all that good.
Like yellow and black, it has to be combined in a carefull way.
I remember this from games, if the lighting isn't that plesant you dispize the badly lithen level :)

So just experiment the lighting colors till it really soothes you...
It's a great idea, but something you must make completely to your best taste...

Last edited:
I dunno... I'm mainly meditating to try AP, so i lie down on my back and it just comes naturally... zzz... lol and im not talking about falling asleep

Originally posted by A Canadian

red colouring makes you horney!! a nice black light and lotta white postors in your room is very relaxing :D

no it doesn't! :D

btw.. what the hell does black light look like? :eek: :p

Back