How civil is Islam??

Originally posted by Ghassan Kanafani

Please don't expect an essay on my civilization , afterall this is no interview .

Clearly it does not include politenes by definition or applied on those who lack all respectability .

A civilisation of assholes then.

Ghassan - how can you expect "respectability" when all you do is shoot down in flames any counter arguement to your obvious brainwashing - you believe what your told to believe - the rest of us have open, argumentative minds.

Originally posted by Red Devil
Ghassan - how can you expect "respectability" when all you do is shoot down in flames any counter arguement
I started this pathetic thread right ? Please disconnect yourself from any issues that you might have with my person when you try to place an objective judgement on this situation . I could explain you the situation but you could also grasp it by simply reading this thread . U figure it out for yourself .
to your obvious brainwashing - you believe what your told to believe - the rest of us have open, argumentative minds.
Just for your information I have a multi-religious background and I don't worship any deity's in order to fit your pathetic template of brainwash , the very least you can do is read some of my posts in this section of sciforums before you impose such pathetic assumptions as they reflect your mind more than they do mine .

Please go find your Muslim equivalent and argue with him/her , not me , I don't tolerate such stupidity nor do I wish to encourage it by providing more information .

Bye

Last edited:
Originally posted by Vienna
Here's another one for you........

Why are there three times as many armed conflicts in the world involving Islam today, as there are all of the other religious people groups in the world put together?

There are a few hundred extremists out there in the world who hide in the name of Islam. They claim jihad when there is no jihad. For someone to follow one part of the Quran and not another does not make them a Muslim. These men do not represent Islam.

Also, the only two countries that seem to be having conflicts are America and Israel....

There is not a single Moslem country in the world that is an authentic democracy and that there is not a single Islamic country in the world where Christians are not persecuted.

Christians are killed by radicals and not the government of an Islamic country. Muslims don't go around killing Christians. Nor do Muslims support that. The culprits are found and put on trial.

What other religion advocates chopping off hands and heads, and stoning people in the streets?

What other religion advocates global war, in order to convert people?

In what other religion, during religious festivals, can you see droves of the "faithful" marching the streets with AK-47's, and declaring their desire to kill and die for "God". [/B]

Although the question was referred to Ghassan, I'll answer it.

Answer: There is no religion that advocates any of the above except Islam which only applies to the first one.

You are beheaded if you kill someone. Why? Because it is a fast way to die rather than being put on the electric chair or being tortured to death. Islam does not believe in that. If you are to die, you should die a fast death and not one of pain and torture. When you are beheaded, you don't feel anything.

The chopping of hands is if you steal. You do it once, you'll be let go and a warning. But if you keep stealing, then your hands must be chopped off to prevent stealing.

Stoning is if a wife divorces her husband for another man or if someone has sex before they are married. It is a dishonor and goes strongly against what Islam teaches.

As for the other 2 questions, I couldn't seem to find that anywhere in Islam. You can prove me wrong by finding a quote in the Quran that says anything about that.

Heres the link:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/

Last edited:
How do you know that when you are beheaded you don't feel anything - anyone come back from dead and told you??
The last beheading in the UK was over 250 years ago, why does it still apply in Islam today??

The blade falls at a very fast speed. The first thing it will hit is the spinal cord. Since the speed of the blade will be going at a fast rate as gravity pulls it down, the man or woman will not have enough time to react once it hits the back of his neck.

Chopping off the hands is barbaric.

Yes, I quite agree with you. That is why it is not done the first time. But if the man or woman continues to steal, he should be aware of the consequences.

Stoning someone to death is something I'd hope would have only happened in the times of the cavemen, unfortunately it exists today in Moslem countries.

Yes. Just the thought of it is scary. It is unfortunate to whoever it happens to. However, it happens only to those who commit murder, rape, or sex before marriage. This is something we can all avoid.

Originally posted by Redoubtable
The only information on 'poor' Aisha seems to come from the Hadiths. Are they considered pure and unchanged, as the Quran is?

:p

I believe Aisha was about 17 when she got married to Mohammed. Ancient Moslem writhers had screwd up.

Originally posted by Red Devil
Ghassan - how can you expect "respectability" when all you do is shoot down in flames any counter arguement to your obvious brainwashing - you believe what your told to believe - the rest of us have open, argumentative minds.
Not entirely true, we all are brainwashed by our cultures, societies, etc. we follow its rules, its laws. If you are a Westerner, you look at things and think from western viewpoints, same is if you were from any other part of the world. Our purpose in open forums like these are to see if we can lift the veil and see truth, even if just a little bit.

Originally posted by Ghassan Kanafani
I started this pathetic thread right ? Please disconnect yourself from any issues that you might have with my person when you try to place an objective judgement on this situation .

Please go find your Muslim equivalent and argue with him/her , not me , I don't tolerate such stupidity nor do I wish to encourage it by providing more information .

Bye
on the web, what you start does not stay yours, it can either die in obscurity or take a life of its own, you don't own it, let people talk, you don't even have to answer, discuss argue, or enlighten us. But thanks for your viewpoint

Back