Homosexuality (relation to Incest)

It is impossible to effecitvely regulate and legislate "morality" - if if it were "right".
Legislation should be limited to protecting the public from those who are out to do them harm, and simple, functional civic administration.

This is where I get very lost politically.
The main points of the Republican Party is supposed to be smaller, less intrusive, federal government; greater state's rights; greater individual rights and greater privacy.
I would think with that foundation, issues such as gay marriage should have no opposition from Republicans.
I don't get it.

We don't have to legislate morality, but if it isn't legislated, it can be abused. And that's the problem. Therefore, for the sake of the public good, it is the responsibility of the government, employed by the people, to guide and protect them.

And I understand why, which is because you have a "us and them" mentality about the government. Remember, the government is created by the people, for their will and their benefit, and this is exactly what it needs to do. The will of the people, enforced by the government.

Laws, customs, culture, traditions, social structures, etc change. Sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad.

The present or past state of any or all of such is insignificant in whether something is good or bad, right or wrong.

Back