• Innocent

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Guilty

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
ReighnStorm said:
Apparently it is in this case or are you making an attempt at a joke!?

No, confessions to murder are NOT permitted in the courts ....the murder must still be proven to a jury. Even if the suspect stands up ten times a day and confesses, the judge will stike the confession and advice the jury to ignore the confession!

In fact, I read something one time that surprise me ......it said that, according to the laws in the USA, even if everyone on Earth actually observed the suspect murdering someone, the judge would order the jury NOT to believe their OWN eye-witness account, but listen ONLY to the testimony given in court.

Baron Max

But, this is only when there is a jury. Some cases do not require a jury....just a judge. I haven't seen or heard though which way this case will go.

ReighnStorm said:
But, this is only when there is a jury. Some cases do not require a jury....just a judge.

Not for murder! Murder requires a jury trial.

However, the prosecutor and the defense may bargain a plea ...and if they do, then the accused may not be charged with murder, but may plead guilty of some other crime. If that's the case, then it won't have to go to a jury trial.

Baron Max

Back