Grim Reaper

Sooooooo, how bout that Grim Reaper?
Do people supposedly see him before they die or when they die and he takes them where ever?

Sorry Spongy.. ;)

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankou :
Ankou is a personification of death in Breton mythology.
It is said that he is the one who collects the souls of the dead and aids them on their journey to the next world, in his rickety old cart. The cart is pulled along either by two horses, one of which is old and thin while the other is youthful and strong, or by four black horses of unspecified age.
According to legend he is tall, and wears a wide-brimmed hat and long coat. Some tales have it that he has two companions, who are skeletons in some versions, following behind his cart and tossing the dead into it.
There are many tales involving Ankou. According to some he was the first child of Adam and Eve. Other versions have it that the Ankou is the first dead person of the year (though he is always depicted as adult, and male), charged with collecting the others before he can go to the afterlife.
As the Grim Reaper IS death you suppose you dont see him before or after you die, but at the moment of death.

I think the Irish are imune to the Grim Reaper, they have instead the Banshee. Which is better?

banshee.jpg

In answer to your orignial question Orelander, I think he came from the Bronx either that or Philly.

Where did the Grim Reaper come from? Is he in the Bible? Does it say how he looks, with his scythe and all?

Biblical metaphor to what is going to happen at the battle of armageddon when Jesus returns with an army of angels (ufo aliens?) to take over the world by force.

Revelation 14:17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

Revelation 14:18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

Revelation 14:19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast [it] into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

Revelation 14:20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand [and] six hundred furlongs.

At the end of this world system, as we know it, armies are going to gather at the plains of megiddo (armageddon or mt. megiddo) to do battle. They will be there when the Lord Jesus and His angel army returns (ufo invasion?) and Jesus will speak the Word of power and those armies will be destroyed rapidly. Whether or not ufo energy fields will be involved in this I don't know.
There will be a rather large puddle of human blood in region.

hmmm, I never thought of Armageddon as a UFO invasion. I always assumed nuclear war.

Is Mt Megiddo a real mountain? When was it named?

Back