Gospel of Barnabas

I think there's fairly substantial evidence that Mark was a disciple of Peter, and Mark wrote his writings from Peter's sermons. This seems probable to me because Peter says something like "we did not tell you vain stories" and Peter's active role in the parables Jesus told suggest that the emphasis in retelling was from his perspective.

I believe that God led these people in deciding what was and what wasn't.
Fair enough. That means that God can also lead me in deciding what Jesus was talking about.

The Church Father's needed to frame their beliefs concerning the Trinity without making it ambigious.

For instance, if I was to give you my definition of the Trinity, it would be somewhat ambigious because the English word for "nature" and "person" do not convey the same meaning to all people.

The presumption then, is ambiguity is something to be avoided, this is a subtle but vitally important decision. How was their authority greater than anyone elses? I think it was a succesfull attempt to unify the church as a political entity, but it also defined heresy. Many people died as a result of the council's decisions, people who's judgement about truth came presumably from the same God.

The presumption then, is ambiguity is something to be avoided, this is a subtle but vitally important decision. How was their authority greater than anyone elses?
Their authority within the church and that they were given responsibility meant that God trusted them to follow the holy Spirit. For if Pilate was given authority by Christ, why would not the members of the council and his own church?

surenderer said:
The Gospel of Barnabas was accepted as a Canonical Gospel in the Churches of Alexandria till 325 C.E.
No. The Gospel of Barnabas is likely forged.

The Gospel of Barnabas should not be confused with the Epistle of Barnabas.

Medicine Woman said:
The early church fathers got together in 325 AD ... to decide what should be entered in the NT and what should not!
Why do you persist in pretentiously flaunting your ignorance? The First Council of Nicea made no such decision. The list of canonical Bible texts was codified by Athanasius of Alexandria (367 CE), formalized at the Synod of Hippo (393 CE), and confirmed at the Synod of Carthage (397 CE).

Medicine Woman said:
It appears now that they didn't want the "TRUTH" about Jesus to be included in the Bible. Because of the actions of the early church fathers, the story of Jesus is totally discredited!
Appears to whom? You, who clearly know embarrassingly little yet deign to instruct others? UFO enthusiast Bellringer, who you quote uncritically and yet deny having read?

There is more than enough real history, and real intrigue, in early Church history. The last thing that people need is your cult ramblings polluting the discussion. All you manage to "clearly discredit" is yourself.

Medicine Woman said:
Did Barnabas walk the Earth in Jesus' time? What is the true meaning of Barnabas' name? It appears that "Bar-n-abbas" was the name of Jesus himself!
This is senseless fringe babble and slimy insinuation for which you have zero evidence.

The pseudepigraphic epistle of Barbabas is a late 1st century to early 2nd century apologetic which, as put by one author, "is often looked to as a source for some of the church's most virulent anti-Judaism". [ see The Ecole Initiative ]

Medicine Woman said:
It appears that "Bar-n-abbas" was the name of Jesus himself! This name means, "son-of-the-father."
It appears that way to you, which is entirely worthless. Barnabas means "son of exhortation", i.e., Barnebhuah.

Medicine Woman said:
I beseech you to do some research. Matthew, Mark and Luke, didn't walk with Jesus. They came after Jesus' time. MM, however, did walk with him as she was his wife. She is also the goddess of the temple.
And this is a mind on drugs. For you, of all people, to instruct someone else to "do some research" hovers somewhere between the obscene and the psychotic. Where is the peer reviewed research to support any of this silly babble?

Medicine Woman said:
Peter didn't have a vision. Paul was epileptic, and that is what caused his "vision." Paul NEVER KNEW JESUS!
How do you manage to hobble through discussions with both feet in your mouth - see Peter's Vision.

Last edited:
And this is a mind on drugs. For you, of all people, to instruct someone else to "do some research" hovers somewhere between the obscene and the psychotic. Where is the peer reviewed research to support any of this silly babble?
A little imagination is that bad. The mistake made respecting the council of nicea was made by the site supporting the gospel of Barnabas. Learning tthat not everything you read or hear is the truth typically means trial and error for most people.

[/QUOTE]You, who clearly know embarrassingly little yet deign to instruct others? UFO enthusiast Bellringer, who you quote uncritically and yet deny having read?
M*W: ConstipatedAsshole, I attempted to find that post, but can't locate it. If I did quote Bellringer, I wasn't familiar with him when I quoted him. Just because someone quotes something doesn't mean they know everything about the author. A lot of people write about more than one topic, so I think you don't have enough to do in your life that you want to create confusion and doubt concerning everyone you reply to on this forum. Why don't you just go ahead and post YOUR knowledge. Maybe that would educate some of us. Instead, you decry everything you read. You're not a happy person, are you?
There is more than enough real history, and real intrigue, in early Church history. The last thing that people need is your cult ramblings polluting the discussion. All you manage to "clearly discredit" is yourself.
M*W: Yes, there is, and I love history. However, my "ramblings" may not be taken from quotes nor are my "ramblings" a cult. I ask no one to agree with me. You've actually created me into some kind of prophet! Thanks! As far as my "polluting the discussion," perhaps you should take a poll, and I shall deal with the consequences of your poll. Are you the reference police? If my "ramblings" are not peer-reviewed, then how can I be discredited? Especially by YOU who never posts anything except pollution!!!!! Do yourself a favor and put me on ignore.
This is senseless fringe babble and slimy insinuation for which you have zero evidence.
M*W: What you call "senseless fringe babble and slimy insinuation," others call "enlightened."
The pseudepigraphic epistle of Barbabas is a late 1st century to early 2nd century apologetic which, as put by one author, "is often looked to as a source for some of the church's most virulent anti-Judaism". [ see The Ecole Initiative ]
M*W: I haven't read it, but I do have an interest in the meanings of names of people and places and titles, especially in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek and Latin. For example, why are there so many "Mary's" in the NT?
It appears that way to you, which is entirely worthless. Barnabas means "son of exhortation", i.e., Barnebhuah.
M*W: So why couldn't you just post that as a positive answer instead of having to be so hateful? I worry about you!
M*W: Yes, I am unique! Thank you for recognizing that. I'm starting to think that you are a crack head, yourself, because you keep accusing some of us who post are on drugs. Hell, I wish I were! Maybe then I could come up with some real creative babble. Now if you want to talk "obscene," send me your private e-mail address, and I'll see what I can do. But calling me "psychotic," hey, it takes one to know one.
How do you manage to hobble through discussions with both feet in your mouth - see Peter's Vision.
M*W: Whose feet? Are you into feet? I guess I'm just creative that way. That's how I do it, the same way that you hobble through discussions with a fudge-packing dick up your ass and no balls.

Medicine Woman said:

M*W: So why couldn't you just post that as a positive answer instead of having to be so hateful? I worry about you!
more on this in a minute

M*W: Yes, I am unique! Thank you for recognizing that. I'm starting to think that you are a crack head, yourself, because you keep accusing some of us who post are on drugs. Hell, I wish I were! Maybe then I could come up with some real creative babble. Now if you want to talk "obscene," send me your private e-mail address, and I'll see what I can do. But calling me "psychotic," hey, it takes one to know one.
naughty, naughty

M*W: Whose feet? Are you into feet? I guess I'm just creative that way. That's how I do it, the same way that you hobble through discussions with a fudge-packing *********** and *********.
to quote 'you', "So why couldn't you just post that as a positive answer instead of having to be so hateful? I worry about you!"

Back