God's Little Green Children.

Originally posted by Jade Squirrel
Hello? This topic of this thread is the possibility of life on other planets as an indication that Xianity is false. A discussion of other faiths is irrelevant to this topic.
Yeah right :rolleyes:

So if life was found on other planets would it disprove Islam, would Hindu be hindered and would confucious get his knickers in a twist. How would life on another planet disprove faith at all, I think it would only deepen the mystery.

Originally posted by stu43t
So if life was found on other planets would it disprove Islam, would Hindu be hindered and would confucious get his knickers in a twist.
Yes, it would also be an indication that Islam is false unless there were a Muhammad and a Qur'an on every other planet. It doesn't do much to discredit Hinduism, as this religion is very diverse and its adherents do not worship one true deity those of Xianity and Islam do. It would also provide nothing to disprove Confucianism, since this is primarily a system of ethics, rather than a religion.

How would life on another planet disprove faith at all, I think it would only deepen the mystery.
No one suggested that life on other planets would disprove faith. As has been made apparent several times in this thread, it raises valid points against Xianity. As you indicated, Xianity raises more questions than it answers, and is therefore not a very good answer to the mysteries of the universe.

What puzzles me is that you are all quoting against Christianity, there are many faiths but you all seem unaware of them

With all due respect, but i only said; "jesus was an alien". I did not refer to any religion, but i suppose if you want to get all fussy about it i was actually talking about a jew.

Originally posted by SnakeLord
With all due respect, but i only said; "jesus was an alien". I did not refer to any religion,
Yeah right, lets see, Jesus, your referring to Islam, no. How about Bhuddism, erm no.

but i suppose if you want to get all fussy about it i was actually talking about a jew.
Ah Judaism !!!
So what exactly are you talking about here, and what point are you making.

No one suggested that life on other planets would disprove faith.
And you ALSO say THIS.........
Hello? This topic of this thread is the possibility of life on other planets as an indication that Xianity is false.
You contradict yourself, make your mind up.

A discussion of other faiths is irrelevant to this topic.
Why???

it raises valid points against Xianity.
More anti-christianity. Do you think you're an atheist, I'm beginning to believe that your no more than a bigot

As you indicated, Xianity raises more questions than it answers, and is therefore not a very good answer to the mysteries of the universe.
and where did I indicate that??

Originally posted by SnakeLord
Woah! Calm down man, you're gonna pop a blood vessel.

Try yoga or something.
Yeah, too right. And would you believe it, I'm not even a Christian.

Dammit, dammit, *pop* another vessel gone, shheeeesh! :D

Peace :m:

You contradict yourself, make your mind up.
I said that no one in this thread suggested that life on other planets would disprove faith. The suggestions in this thread are that life on other planets would be a strong blow against Xianity. Although Xianity requires faith, faith does not require Xianity since faith is an element of all religions.

Because, as has now been indicated to you three times, this thread is about how life on other planets is indication that Xianity is false. Furthermore, I have already addressed your questions about how life on other planets would affect the validity of Islam, Hinduism, and Confucianism.

More anti-christianity. Do you think you're an atheist, I'm beginning to believe that your no more than a bigot
Making arguments about Xianity does not make one a bigot. You, on the other hand, seem to hold intolerant and prejudiced views of atheists (as indicated by your name-calling), which would make you the bigot here.

and where did I indicate that??
With respect to Xianity, you stated that life on another planet would not disprove faith, but would only deepen the mystery. You have therefore acknowledged that Xianity only makes things more complex, rather than providing any sort of good explanation.

With respect to Xianity, you stated that life on another planet would not disprove faith, but would only deepen the mystery. You have therefore acknowledged that Xianity only makes things more complex, rather than providing any sort of good explanation.
I said FAITH, I did not single out Christianity, note the difference.
Although Xianity requires faith, faith does not require Xianity since faith is an element of all religions.
Oh, so you DO know the difference!

Last edited:
. You, on the other hand, seem to hold intolerant and prejudiced views of atheists (as indicated by your name-calling), which would make you the bigot here.
I have no bad feelings towards atheists, an atheist is someone who doesn't believe in any god at all, not just the Christian version. :rolleyes:

I said FAITH, I did not single out Christianity, note the difference.
Okay, fine then. However, my original point about Xianity only adding more complexity to the issue still stands. And you yourself have acknowledged that faith (which Xianity requires) further deepens the mystery.

I have no bad feelings towards atheists, an atheist is someone who doesn't believe in any god at all, not just the Christian version. :rolleyes:
I know what atheism is. So what point are you trying to make by clarifying the definition of atheism? This clarification does not change the fact that you earlier equated atheism with immaturity.

OK, how about this. we find life on another planet and the most intelligent beings on that planet have faith, what then?

I know what atheism is. So what point are you trying to make by clarifying the definition of atheism? This clarification does not change the fact that you earlier equated atheism with immaturity.
Nope, I equated you with immaturity, be honest. You hate Christianity more than any other faith in the world, and you know what, IT SHOWS.

OK, how about this. we find life on another planet and the most intelligent beings on that planet have faith, what then?
So what if they have faith? Are you implying that if other beings on other planets have faith, then that legitimizes this method of epistemology?

Nope, I equated you with immaturity, be honest. You hate Christianity more than any other faith in the world, and you know what, IT SHOWS.
You stated, "A very immature or should I say atheist view of the possibilities of creation." You therefore equated an atheist view with an immature view.

And I don't hate any faith. I simply believe it is an invalid way to attain knowledge. This applies equally to Xian faith, Muslim faith, Hindu faith, or any other type of faith. Just because I don't believe something is true does not mean that I hate it. In this thread I am arguing against Xianity, because that is the subject of this thread (as has now been mentioned to you four times).

Last edited:
So what if they have faith? Are you implying that if other beings on other planets have faith, then that legitimizes this method of epistemology?
It would be a hyperthetical situation and no better than the one mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

It would be a hyperthetical situation and no better than the one mentioned at the beginning of this thread.
Yes, they are both hypothetical situations. Neither of them, if true, would demonstrate the validity of faith in attaining knowledge. The former (i.e. the original post of this thread) would also make it even more improbable that Xianity, in particular, is true.

Back