God is not everywhere

jojo

Registered Member
http://www.angdatingdaan.org/segments/segments.htm

The word everywhere pertains places anywhere, parts of subparts, and every place or part. On the topic of the presence of God or the dwell presence of God, The Bible said that:

Acts 17:24-25
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Conclusion: There is no presence of God on temples made with hands of man.
(Temples made with hands of man are part of everywhere)

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Conclusion: On the places where no peace, the presence of God was not there. (Places with no peace are part of everywhere)

Isaiah 42:8 (relative to Acts 17:24-25)
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Conclusion: On places where there are graven images or to the graven images, the presence of God was not there. (Graven images are part of everywhere and they are found every corner of the word)

James 3:14-17
But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy
2 Peter 2:12
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
Conclusion: On places or people where there are envying, devilish (ex the people who lead the WT Sep 11 attack, terrorists groups, inquisition, rape, murder, drunkenness, Satanism, hypocrisy); the presence of God was not there. (This is part of everywhere and visible)

Biblical Conclusion
If God is everywhere then, God of Israel is present all together in the Muslims, Hindus, Baptist, ICOC, Born Again, Jew, Church of God International, Lutheran church, Mormons, Church of Satan, and others; and that no need to transfer from one church to another or no need to seek. The fact that God instructed people to seek the kingdom or true church, then definitely there are also false church of false teachers where God did not dwell (Matt24:24 & 2Cor11:13-15).

With the verses above, we can determine that the general Biblical conclusion as (The presence of God is subjected)

“The presence of God is not everywhere” or “God is not everywhere”

===========================
:)
regards,
jocel_gomez@yahoo.com
member of Church of God International
http://www.angdatingdaan.org/main.php
http://www.angdatingdaan.org/segments/segments.htm
http://webtv.angdatingdaan.net/

He is just trying to show that God is not omni-present, and hence not a God, as per bible. Rather he could say, as a member of Chruch of God International, what God is, then, if they have their own idea of God ?

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

The Operative word Here is "dwelleth" to dwelleth somewhere is to have that as ones home. When followers of the Messiah Say that God is everywhere they are saying that He is available to them everywhere and nothing that happens on earth is not known by Him.

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Conclusion: On the places where no peace, the presence of God was not there. (Places with no peace are part of everywhere)

The operative word Here is "author" So this verse is talking about the Word OF God, the Bible, and the Preaching within the Churches of the saints. Where there are Books that do not bring peace God is not the "author".

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Conclusion: On places where there are graven images or to the graven images, the presence of God was not there. (Graven images are part of everywhere and they are found every corner of the word)

Operative word here is "glory" ... need i go on???

But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
Conclusion: On places or people where there are envying, devilish (ex the people who lead the WT Sep 11 attack, terrorists groups, inquisition, rape, murder, drunkenness, Satanism, hypocrisy); the presence of God was not there. (This is part of everywhere and visible)

So you are saying that God only sees niceness because where there are all those nasty things going on God cannot hear or see or know that they are happening??? Using your own logic How does God know when not to be there?? God must know about all this nastyness if He is supposedly going to avoid being their and How can He know about this nastyness if He is not there?? I hope you get out of that church your in.

Biblical Conclusion
If God is everywhere then, God of Israel is present all together in the Muslims, Hindus, Baptist, ICOC, Born Again, Jew, Church of God International, Lutheran church, Mormons, Church of Satan, and others; and that no need to transfer from one church to another or no need to seek. The fact that God instructed people to seek the kingdom or true church, then definitely there are also false church of false teachers where God did not dwell (Matt24:24 & 2Cor11:13-15).

With the verses above, we can determine that the general Biblical conclusion as (The presence of God is subjected)

Your conclusion is confusion.

All praise The Ancient Of Days

Last edited:
jojo said:

Psalms 139:7-10
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? 8 If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. 9 If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, 10 Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

"Omnipresence" is a human term which is used to illustrate that we cannot hide from God's presence.

The word everywhere pertains places anywhere, parts of subparts, and every place or part. On the topic of the presence of God or the dwell presence of God, The Bible said that:

This is the wrong conclusion, this Bible part explains that He isn't inside temples made by man, we can't give Him anything, or make a temple that He would be comfortable to stay in. He is above everything. It also says something in the Bible about the wisdom, that it is so pure that it penetrates everything into each of it's parts.

This is also the wrong conclusion, that God is the author of peace, doesn't mean that He doesn't exist in places without peace.

ALSO the wrong conclusion, that God won't give His praise to graven images doesn't mean that He doesn't exist even there.

God is there too. You keep having the wrong conclusions, nothing in that text tells us that God isn't there, it just tells us that God doesn't like such acts.

Biblical Conclusion
There are false teachers and false organizations, but of course God is present there too. Allthough He doesn't like it. God see everything, God is everything.

You base this conclusion on the conclusions you had before. You look at it again and judge for yourself, I have my oppinion which I'm going to follow.

He is just trying to show that God is not omni-present, and hence not a God, as per bible. Rather he could say, as a member of Chruch of God International, what God is, then, if they have their own idea of God ?

That's the funny thing. You said it, they all have their own "ideas" of God. All religions that believe in a God basically worship the same God. They just all make the horrible mistake of trying to define that which they do not know. They say God is this, God is that, when they have no flippin idea. You know what they say about those that ASS-U-ME.. it makes an ass out of you and me.

- N

When the Bible says this, it is refering to the fact that God does not sit in the holies of holies and that is the only place you can see him. God does not live solely in the temples, but his is present in them.

Conclusion: On the places where no peace, the presence of God was not there.

This is not true because certain times God commanded people to battle with a certain nation. He even made 300 men able to defeat 100,000+ men.

Conclusion: On places where there are graven images or to the graven images, the presence of God was not there.

Graven image aplies to anything that the people worshiped, such as an idol. God is saying that hew is not an idol, so do not worship idols.

This is not true because certain times God commanded people to battle with a certain nation. He even made 300 men able to defeat 100,000+ men.
Im unaware of this, perhaps you could provide a reference(preferably outside the bible) of how when outnumbered over 330 to 1 you could win a fight.

It is a miacle that this happened and that is why it is in the Bible, Judges 7 to be exact.

Lemming3k said:
Im unaware of this, perhaps you could provide a reference(preferably outside the bible) of how when outnumbered over 330 to 1 you could win a fight.

Haven't you ever heard of The Matrix? :eek:

Not exactly, but the Spartans holding off the Persians can come close to it. That or having someone in the name of Allah blow themselves up with a nuke. :p

- N

It is a miacle that this happened and that is why it is in the Bible, Judges 7 to be exact.
And can you provide evidence outside the bible to back up that this miracle happened? Or is that your only source?
Haven't you ever heard of The Matrix?
Thats Sci-Fi, unless we are in a matrix? But comparing the bible to a Sci-fi movie, nice, wish i'd thought of it.....
Not exactly, but the Spartans holding off the Persians can come close to it. That or having someone in the name of Allah blow themselves up with a nuke.
Ahh but in bible times they had no nukes, unless jesus was hiding something... ;)
And the spartans might have come close but still didnt accomplish it, there were 1000 spartans and allies to begin with against 150000, i make that 150 to 1, only later were they reduced to 300 spartans against whatever was left, and then they were just buying time for a retreat, so its not quite on the same scale.

Do you know how it happened? At night, the 300 divided into 3 groups and surrounded the camp of the enemy. they carried with them trumpets and torches, and at the appointed time they blew the horns and woke up the adversary. In the confusion, the enemy of Israel killed one an other, not knowing it was there own army. In the morning, not one ofe those 100,000+ were alive.

I wonder if its physically possible for 300 people to surround a camp of 100,000 people....
Also if they carried torches, someone would have seen the tourches and worked out their location, and you still havnt provided an outside reference for this event.

I told you that there is none that I know of, but I haven't looked much. The point is, that happened and there is no logical explination for it.

It's strange to think that such a battle would actually happen and yet only find itself as a small passage in a book. Thankfully history teachers know better and as such don't teach completely unfounded fiction in the classroom.

If it did happen, I guess god must have had a slight grudge against those 100,000 people.

The point is, that happened and there is no logical explination for it.
The point is Your only evidence it happened is the bible, no artifacts or other sources, your arguement is (as it always seems to be with religious folk) 'my holy book says so, so it must be true'. Lets try an experiment to show a flaw in this logic, i have a piece of paper with 6 points on it:
1. Everything this paper says is true.
2. This paper is the words of a highly powerful creator.
3. Killing is bad.
4. Stealing is wrong.
5. Bob died for all of you.
6. 10 men killed 5000000000000000000.
Now points 3 and 4 are correct, does that make the rest of it right? No.
Are there any outside sources for anything else? No.
But we know what it says is true because point 1 says so correct?
Point 6 happened and there is no logical explanation for it other than the higher being.
Please argue why your points are right yet my paper is wrong?

Lemming3k said:
Thats Sci-Fi, unless we are in a matrix? But comparing the bible to a Sci-fi movie, nice, wish i'd thought of it.....

For the umpteenth time!! There is NOTHING fictional about the matrix!
:mad:

:D

So says the folks at Pseudoscience and I believe whatever they tell me.

Back