God is a liar and I have the proof!

QuestionEverything

Assume nothing!
Registered Senior Member
Genesis 2:17 (KJV)

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3:4-5 (KJV)

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Genesis 3:22 (KJV)

22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Note how everything the serpent said turns out true, but what God said "thou shalt surely die" turns out to be false.

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us"
ONE OF US? US? Hmm... God or gods? :scratchin:

Pretty straight forward, if you don't fool yourself into letting some scumbag pastor or priest do your thinking for you!

Arguments? Agreements? BRING IT ON!! :deal:

Last edited:
generally paradoxes appear in texts of wisdom to prevent people speed reading through them

:)

Who mentioned wisdom ? So what is the ideal speed at which to read such stuff? Try telling us how you know that paradoxes are deliberately introduced.

I have wondered about this myself.. the snake never lied, and God didn't kill them.
I have seen that passage where God said "And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us", that's a new one for me :)
And yea, "one of US".. HMMM :scratchin:

Its not "become one of us" as in being a god, but "become as one of us" as having their eyes open to good and evil.

Its not. QE says the quote makes man a god, and I say the quote means man recognized good and evil.

I never said that at all, you said that.

I said that the quote makes God a LIAR!!! :mufc:

I also said God refers to himself in the PLURAL form!! Think about it!

he said as one of us. The angels knew about good and evil as well. They aren't considered gods.

he said as one of us. The angels knew about good and evil as well. They aren't considered gods.

You are assuming that knowing good from evil makes one as God..
Why ? Or do you mean that the author meant that they are only as God in that one respect ? Maybe the author should have been more precise in that case..

You are missing the point completely. There is no reference whatsoever in this passage of the Bible to angels. God is talking with other gods. The Hebrews were henotheistic, not monotheistic as many have claimed. There are other passages of plural gods in the Old Testament. The Hebrew word "Elohim" is used as a plural form of "El" which means "lord" in Hebrew. This word "Elohim" appears in other places in the O.T. In some cases it was even mistranslated by KJV to conceal it as the singular form.

But please don't believe me, do your own research and find out for yourself. That is what I ask. If you're not willing to research it then you have no credibility to disagree. Fair enough?

You are assuming that knowing good from evil makes one as God..
Why ? Or do you mean that the author meant that they are only as God in that one respect ? Maybe the author should have been more precise in that case..

and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. Its didn't say they will be gods.

.....There is no reference whatsoever in this passage of the Bible to angels. God is talking with other gods. ....

But please don't believe me, do your own research and find out for yourself. That is what I ask. If you're not willing to research it then you have no credibility to disagree. Fair enough?

There is no reference to other gods either. I can say 'us' and mean women, sciforum posters, Michiganders, Americans, etc.

Of course that very statement, (man has become like one of us knowing good and evil), completely vindicates Adam and Eve from any wrong doing whatsoever.

There is no reference to other gods either.

You're wrong.. Quite a few gods feature in the bible - indeed by name. To offer just a couple off the top of my head there's:

Tammuz, Baal, Lilith..

Christianity still uses names of other gods on a daily basis: sin, amen, etc.

You're wrong.. Quite a few gods feature in the bible - indeed by name. To offer just a couple off the top of my head there's:

Tammuz, Baal, Lilith..

Christianity still uses names of other gods on a daily basis: sin, amen, etc.

Give this man a cigar! :mufc:

I can say 'us' and mean women, sciforum posters, Michiganders, Americans, etc.
...and gods.

That is the only group God belongs in isn't it? Or is he part of a Creationist's Chess Club I'm not aware of? Hmm, I don't remember seeing a passage referencing that... :scratchin:

and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. Its didn't say they will be gods.
lol I'm not blind..
So they are not Gods, but as Gods..
What does that mean ? It means that, while they are not Gods, they have every property associated with a God.

as
–preposition
in the role, function, or status of: to act as leader.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/as

as
–adverb
to the same degree, amount, or extent; similarly; equally
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/as

There is no reference to other gods either. I can say 'us' and mean women, sciforum posters, Michiganders, Americans, etc.
"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us"
Who then ? If the unknown others are included in 'us', what else can they be than Gods buddies ? lol Who else lives in heaven or wherever He resides ? Certainly not any other regular humans..

Back