God...........Again.

Miguelio,

I wouldn't say that the Universe was designed for us,
Ok but that was what would have been needed if you want to claim that the universe is fine tuned to fit human life.

Human life appeared because the conditions were right. The opposite would be that everything started with a human template and a set of requirements and specifications for humans and then the universe was designed to meet those specifications. That would be very elaborate as well as significantly arrogant on our part to think that somehow we were so important.

But if we are the end product of such an elaborate piece of engineering why is our design such a disaster? For example, 50% of the population need correction for poor eyesight, and teeth aaagh, and the massive susceptibility to disease, and why so short lived?

but i would say that the idea of a Creator is more credible to me,
But why? The best we have going for us is our intelligence but it is not clear that we are clever enough to use it effectively yet, we still run the risk of destroying ourselves in some terrible war and probably over disagreements between warring religious groups. But modern man (homo sapiens) has only been around some 120,000 years whereas the dinosaurs lasted about 150 million years. And unless we figure out how to divert asteroids or leave this planet then we will likely meet the same fate as the dinosaurs.

Back