Friendly Challenge to Atheists

But the thing that he is 'faithful' to is completely dependent on what scripture tells him. Therefore he must truly know and study the scripture to understand what his faith is based in...no? Doesnt it also somewhere say that the christain should love the lord, his god, with all of his heart, mind, and soul? Doesn't that imply that the one who loves his lord should truly know what he is devoting himself to?

altec said:
But the thing that he is 'faithful' to is completely dependent on what scripture tells him. Therefore he must truly know and study the scripture to understand what his faith is based in...no? Doesnt it also somewhere say that the christain should love the lord, his god, with all of his heart, mind, and soul? Doesn't that imply that the one who loves his lord should truly know what he is devoting himself to?

Please try to understand that God Is.

If you want to understand me or communicate with me where I am, you must try and at least accept that I at least believe God Is. If we can start communication from that basis it will be easier for both of us.

Thanks

c20

Burn all the bibles and the impression they left upon his psyche remains. The details of the belief as in "what one should do" are basically irrelevant, as any person is constrained at any time by their circumstance. I don't know exactly what he thinks the scriptures tell him to do. I only know that regardless, take all the bibles away and he still has the impression they left upon him.

People adapt. Take away the word of god, and watch the task of worship change from reading to writing. Instead of divining through the word, they'd see if they can divine and share the word. Eventually a council would get together and determine who was most divine and should be included in the new holy scriptures, etc.

If you accept the circular logic of religion or god, you accept it. There's no way out unless you reject it.

c20H25N3o said:
Please try to understand that God Is.

If you want to understand me or communicate with me where I am, you must try and at least accept that I at least believe God Is. If we can start communication from that basis it will be easier for both of us.

Thanks

c20

Why do you believe that "God is"?

Note that I will constantly refute any explanation you give. Over to you.

If you're inside the circle, refutations are simply rebounded by it.

I present exhibit A:

c20H25N3o said:
I Am Who Is << That is His Name. It's a name that speaks for itself. It is a Holy name. Innocent. Everlasting. Prince of Peace. King of Kings. Lord of Lords.

Deny it if you will. As for me and mine we will serve the Lord.

peace

c20

Last edited:
§outh§tar said:
Why do you believe that "God is"?

Note that I will constantly refute any explanation you give. Over to you.

I Am Who Is << That is His Name. It's a name that speaks for itself. It is a Holy name. Innocent. Everlasting. Prince of Peace. King of Kings. Lord of Lords.

peace

c20

c20H25N3o said:

peace

c20

Here are some other "I am" type statements from a "book from Satan himself":

http://college.hmco.com/history/west/mosaic/chapter1/source115.html

I seem to recall other deities besides the "God of the book of Exodus" being called similar names to "I am who I am" or "I shall be what I shall be" or however one renders it exactly.

I accept the fact that you believe that God is. But you also accept the fact that the Bible is infallible. To understand the inerrancy of the Bible, you must understand the that the Bible is written as a poetical book, and in itself, poetry is not meant to be taken literally. There is lots of metaphor in the Bible, and in order to truly comprehend what the Bible is saying, you must understand the metaphor.

c20H25N3o said:
He said "Let there be..."
Now we know the truth... the Beatles are the alpha and omega. The Beatles are god. Yoko Ono is actually the devil.

Seeds were born when the Beatles traveled back in time and one of them got sick. Evidently he had too many sunflower seeds.

THE END.

c20H25N3o said:
Hi Hans,

Thanks for answering a thicko patiently :)

But just a different phenotype of a lemon tree? Still a lemon tree? It's gene sequence is very different from that of an orange tree for example.

peace

c20
If a sufficient number of generations of slightly different lemon trees happen, then it is entirely different. But the gene sequence may not be that different, for example Chimpanzees and humans share over 95% of the gene sequence.

Hans

Back