For James R. 'The Honest Theist'.

Now I see why Rock Stars are Gods . That explains everything James . They fit the description. Mainly the last one . " Controlling a particular aspect or part of reality . O.K. I got a question ? Is imagination part of reality . Are Yarns and stories part of reality ? I don't mean buzzard Men with dicks growing out were there nose should be . I mean the motivation of imagination that causes actions . Is that part of reality ? Even if it involves future events imagined in the present . Is that a real power and is it reality.
Is it yet to be seen ? What if many people dream the same thing ? Is it reality then ? I know what the pessimist would say ,don't count any those chickens . Once it is reality does the imagination that happened in the beginning become reality at that point ? Was it reality all the time ?

Idolatry is predominantly false in some religions, of course that's the main problem with theology. What questions Phlogistician probably really should of been asking is out of the many religions that have existed over time;

Why is *any* singular religion "The only correct one"?
If one is picked, why is it correct?

Incidentally there are "Dishonest" members on the forum that claim to be theist, they are more likely to be Agnostic than Atheist and just post here to wind people up (Troll). You wouldn't likely see them go to a place of worship on a given religious day, or even speak about religion other than to cause heated diversionary discourses on online forums.

They are people that attempt to give the theists a bad name, while also making atheists and other agnostics look bad because of how they handle themselves in response to their trolling. (It's one of the main reasons that we ban "preaching" here, not because we don't allow people to post due to their religion, but because we are trying to stop Trolls.)

Last edited:
You wouldn't likely see them go to a place of worship on a given religious day, or even speak about religion other than to cause heated diversionary discourses on online forums.

hell, i even stir the pot at church in bible study..

and why does there have to be only ONE way???

hell, i even stir the pot at church in bible study..

and why does there have to be only ONE way???

Duncan McCloud of the Clan McCloud said so.

Seriously, Religion for Millenniums have been pitting themselves against one another to prove how one is true and others are false. There are still of course Polytheism and Pantheism beliefs, but they are still just a collective argument.

Back