Favorite artwork

image.php

I'd think that it might be better placed in the "what's on your Ipod" thread but that's only my opinion. There's been no other musical post as yet on this thread.
<------------ Doesn't own an ipod.
<------------Doesn't intend to own an ipod.
as/re:
There's been no other musical post as yet on this thread.
- yippee I'm finally first at something:biggrin:

"Favorite music".... ok

<------------ Doesn't own an ipod.
<------------Doesn't intend to own an ipod.
as/re: - yippee I'm finally first at something:biggrin:

"Favorite music".... ok

Most people here use the ipod thread for their favorite music because I don't own one either.

I like this for it's powerful forwardness. I like that she's not disproportionate or ultra feminine, but shaped as someone who used their torso as a mermaid would have to for mobility.
:)
Kinda where I was going with the art. I tend to like strong people as models. I did an angel using a wrestler as a model----3 angels to destroy 2 cities, and the third was superfluous.
She was a commission piece. I had taken ISIS on the camper top of the truck out to Sturgis:
The commissioner saw her and asked for a card, then called me and proposed that I do his daughter as a mermaid.
So, I figured she would have a strong middle because when swimming, you kick from the belly.
Then I got a gymnast to do the initial modeling, put straps on the bench for her legs, then had her bend over backwards as far as she could, then got the radius, and took a few pictures. By the time I had built the 1/4 size model, she had left town, so I mostly did the life sized piece from imagination, memory, and pictures of the commissioners daughter. It seems that the daughter had become sexually active while I was modeling the clay, and in one phone conversation, he said---"More hair, I want more hair covering the breasts"-----hmm
So, I then thought of wet hair, and a wind from her right so the hair would cover the breasts----originally, it only covered the nipples.

Life is a mystery.
As is, getting pictures to load so you can see them in the thread instead of having to click on the link.

Attachments

• ISIS rising by Rod Patterson.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back