Exploring polygamy

My outlook on polygamy ... (multiple selections allowed)

• Female: I would want more than one husband

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bisexual: I would enter a polygamous marriage

• Homosexual: I would enter a polygamous marriage

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretty much agree; however, before we implement something like this the legal ramifications associated with marriage and divorce need to be sorted out before hand.

Done. A woman's money belongs to her, the man is responsible for supporting women and children until age of maturity.

Suppose you have a polygamist marriage involving 3 wives, 1 husband. One child is biologically the son of wife x, but was primarily raised by and closer to wife y. Also suppose wife z is the breadwinner of the family, earning a substantial amount more money compared to the other two wives and the husband and pretty much primarily taking care of the family. If wife y wants a divorce, does she get custody of the child? Does wife z, or husband pay child support?

Hello Nasor

The responsibility for the "family's" children falls to all the spouses. Joining a "line marriage" is not to be taken lightly. The only assets you loose. if you leave, are those given to the family as a dowry.

The children become wards of the court and are open for adoption by any family group. The children still share any assets from the disbanded family. The assets may be in the form of a trust that pays out a yearly stipend or as a lump sum to the child when the child becomes an adult.

:)

Back