Exploring polygamy

My outlook on polygamy ... (multiple selections allowed)

• Female: I would want more than one husband

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bisexual: I would enter a polygamous marriage

• Homosexual: I would enter a polygamous marriage

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On the religious basis, it is actually becomes pretty simple to me now. When it
comes to gay marriage, go for it (in your non-Muslim society). I promise I won't
comment further (if it is done in your society). If it is Muslims who want to do
the gays marriage, then they should go out from Muslim society and go to where
gay marriage is accepted.

Gay marriage is performed by Muslim mullahs. Why do you think this is so?

S.A.M.?

images

Really, anybody can perform a gay marriage. As long as the state doesn't recognize it, it is just a ceremony or a reason to party...

I like my reason against polygamy better -- one wife is dumb enough.

you know whats really interesting that so many people dont want to do it themselves but dont care if someone else wants to:p

The antipathy of the social liberal ideals:D

Frankly, I don't understand. What is Muslim mullahs? :confused: I did google, but I'm afraid I misunderstand it.

A mullah is the Eastern Muslim version of a priest, he has the authority to perform marriage and preach sermons.

I know what nietzschefans answer would be.

"are you fucking kidding me? shorty is more then enough of a pain in the ass
who needs anymore headaches from more wives" :D

He uses strap-ons on you ?? lol

:bugeye: No need, he has one attached.

For the record I would not want more then one husband.
I would go cuckoo. I don't care if other ppl want the misery, but I
wouldn't

I am for "line marriages" ala Heinlein's "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress".

All parties/parents must donate a "dowry" to the family. IE there is personal property/wealth and there is "family" property/wealth.

The children are members of the family and do not belong to any parent. They may or may not receive an inheritance when they reach adulthood. The "family" raises the children.

Head of household is elected by majority vote. All spouses can vote. The "household" is a corporation.

Adding new spouses require a 100% vote by all current spouses. Any spouse can leave the "family" at any time but they may only take "personal" property. Children stay with the family.

The "family" may be disbanded by a 100% vote. Family assets belong to the children first, if any. If not then the assets may be split equally among the adults through court supervision..

:)

orelander, when i first read that i agreed with your position but then when i thought about it im not so sure.

After all technically parenting is a form of tirany, there is no democrasy in a family and very little (if any) assests belong to the children. This sounds like it standises the power structure more than a traditional family. Wether it works or not i couldnt say

I was thinking an abused wife in his parents household. She can leave, but she can't take her kids. I know I would stay an get my ass beat.

I am for "line marriages" ala Heinlein's "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"...
One sticking point here is that this leaves you responsible for other people's children, without involving you in any way in the decision about whether or not to have them. Of course you can leave if you get sick of it, but then you lose your own children and all of your assets.

If the family decides to disband, who becomes responsible for the children?

not into polygamy myself, but I couldn't care less if someone else did.

~String

If we're old enough to decide for ourselves, why not? Not my cup of tea, but if it works for you, go ahead.

Pretty much agree; however, before we implement something like this the legal ramifications associated with marriage and divorce need to be sorted out before hand.

Back