Explain to me why the following things are wrong

How do I? What if I think the righteous thing to do is to be a part of society while murdering them and causing them harm? And what if I thought that by them living in society, they are agreeing with me?

Then you are not playing by the rules of society, and you will be judged accordingly.

Then you are not playing by the rules of society, and you will be judged accordingly.

Who establishes the rules of society? What if I thought that I established the rules of society and I can judge them as I saw fit?

According to society.
And if I did not care about what they thought? And if I thought I was still right?

You'd still be wrong.
No, I'd be right, according to myself.

You are right, objectively right and wrong do not exist.

Btw.. you just made your first spelling error ever. Grats

It's spelled correctly I believe.

And as you said, since objective right and wrong do not exist, I am free to murder and rape as I please. Correct?

And if I did not care about what they thought? And if I thought I was still right?

No, I'd be right, according to myself.

It's spelled correctly I believe.

And as you said, since objective right and wrong do not exist, I am free to murder and rape as I please. Correct?

Do as you please.. sigh.
You will find out for yourself what's right and wrong according to society.

It's spelled "tying", not "tieing" :)

They don't have the right to tell me what's right and wrong though.

They do if you want to be a part of society.

Actually, you don't have a choice but to be part of society.. I guess that's kind of unfair in a way.

Why do they? I don't recognize that they do. I believe that I have the right to decide what I can and cannot do.

Of course, hypothetically.

By being a part of society you agree to the rules of society.

Do you play poker ? If you want to play you have to adhere to the rules.

By being a part of society you agree to the rules of society.
Says who?

Do you play poker ? If you want to play you have to adhere to the rules.

The rules of poker are not established based on morality. Therefore they are not subjective. The rules of society are established based on morality. Therefore, according to society, I must do what is moral. However, if I found murder moral, I am free to do it.

Says who?
Society, and thus you. Or at least that is the idea.

The rules of poker are not established based on morality. Therefore they are not subjective. The rules of society are established based on morality. Therefore, according to society, I must do what is moral. However, if I found murder moral, I am free to do it.
It's immoral to cheat and the other players won't be happy if you do. You will be kicked out.
Adhering to the rules of something you want to be a part of is all about morality.
Besides, you have a vote. You can influence the rules of society.

Originally Posted by Enmos
Do you like society ? Do you like the things you mention to be done to you or your family ?

No. However, if I wished to do these things, who can call me wrong?

Why did you answer, "No?"

Society, and thus you. Or at least that is the idea.
The idea according to whom? What if I reject this idea?

It's immoral to cheat and the other players won't be happy if you do. You will be kicked out.
Adhering to the rules of something you want to be a part of is all about morality.
Besides, you have a vote. You can influence the rules of society.
Immoral according to whom? What if I thought it was moral and ok? And what if I thought murder was OK? Can I kill people?
What is the substance that morals are made out of?
I don't know.

The idea according to whom? What if I reject this idea?

Immoral according to whom? What if I thought it was moral and ok? And what if I thought murder was OK? Can I kill people?

We are going in circles.. I don't think continuing this will be very productive.

Originally Posted by Simon Anders
What is the substance that morals are made out of?

I don't know.

In a sense I was supporting your argument Norsefire. If morals are real, they should be made of something.

Back