Eighth grader strip searched

It wasn't an attempt to "deflect" the discussion as it was an attempt to inject a little perspective to it all. People often leap to conclusions or jump to judgement without ever thinking of a subject in its various world perspectives.

People continually spout the high n' mighty words of "world community" and "global village", yet just like this topic, they can't actually do it!!

Which is better in the "global village" .....being strip searched for drugs at school, or starving to death without ever even seening a school?

See? That's the "world community" ....not the bullshit that's been discussed here in this thread.

Nope, not deflection, ....priorities and perspective.

Baron Max

How about I kick you in the kidney repeatedly, then you can't complain because, after all, what's an old guy being kicked compared to all those kids dying everywhere?

What about drug sniffing dogs? Strip searching an 8th grader on mere suspicion is indeed wrong.

If the school felt they had reason to strip search her, surely they should've let a cop dog sniff her. That's a frightening thought too, but I'd imagine being sniffed by a dog for drugs is less traumatizing then being strip searched.
I doubt very much that they train drug-sniffing dogs to look for Advil, so that probably wasn't an option. Which just underscores how ridiculous the whole thing was.

Oh my God! Prescription Advil! That's 600mg of pure Advil!!! Why you'd have to take 3 pills of regular Advil to reach those levels of advilness.

The horror!!! The risk to the other students!!! Three non addictive, zero fun Advil squeezed into a single pill!!!

No measure is too extreme to protect ourselves from this threat!!! It will be necessary to strip search all women on this forum immediately!!!

Just in case you know...

Back