Effects of modren civilization on health?

Kumar

Registered Senior Member
Hello,

Can you please tell me that what can be the effects of modren civilization on the BASIC process of our body systems? I think some basic effects can be as under:-

1. Effect on Oxygen levels i.e. its availability & bio-availability.

2. Effects on pH levels of the body.

3. Effect on Cardiovascular system--atherosclerotic plaques etc.

Can you suggest some other basic effects?

Best wishes.

What about pollutions & other environmental effect, acid forming fast foods ,stress, mental tentions etc. Will these effects not overpower improved hygiene and healthcare? However pls tell the nett effects.

Kumar said:
What about pollutions & other environmental effect, acid forming fast foods ,stress, mental tentions etc. Will these effects not overpower improved hygiene and healthcare? However pls tell the nett effects.

Apparently not according to the facts.

There has been a great increase in contageous diseases since hunter/gatherer times due to the congested living conditions. But medicine has a handle on most of them.

Why then current medication is florished too much? Is is not a betterment in quantity at the cost of quality?

Do we feel any adverse impact of current civilization? It may not be necessary that it makes nature balance better or drastically improved our overall health by improved hygiene and healthcare. These may also show some adverses in real sense. Improved travels does not mean we/our health is really improved due to this, simlarily-air conditionings, fast foods, more stress & strains, pollutions, noises, higher educations, populations....so many.

Pls just tell the basic change in physiology of humans of pollutions, airconditionings, fast travels, modren foods etc.

"I see that you have not changed a bit"

Is it good or bad? However pls tell the physiological effects as I asked. I am trying to link somethig common for most of modren civil effects. Pls consider both good & bad sides & their effects in real sense. Improved hygeine & healthcare is not an effect on body's physiology. Regards.

I have already mentioned three effects. I furthur indicate for you; basic consideration is lack of Oxygen bioavailability & increase in anaerobic activities.

In order to build an immune system, the body needs information on what types of germs there are out there and without some germs getting in, we cannot build it properly. Put very simply :)

N.B. the basis of vaccination

Why body needs this information? What are the basic causes of weakning of immune responses? Can defects in O2 bioavilability cause this effect?

Kumar said:
Why body needs this information?

Where would the body start if it didn't have information on which to build???

What are the basic causes of weakning of immune responses?

This IS the basic weakening. The immune system cannot evolve without this information.

Can defects in O2 bioavilability cause this effect?

Im not sure what role oxygen plays in human immunity but I would imagine it is minimal.

I really didn't read too much of those but had a quick glance because they are selling stuff and I never trust science from advertisements! In my mind, oxygen is always a bad thing because it is a very dangerous element and molecule. O2 is notorious for free radical formation which causes everything from cancer to premature ageing and shorter-lifespan. I have always thought that o2 consumption should be kept o the minimal level necessary for the activity u are engaging in to prolong your life.

Back