Don't the Gay Ducks Know They're Going to Hell?

takandjive

Killer Queen
Registered Senior Member
Someone has to help them!

From the article:

The boy birds, Ben and Jerry, were introduced to Cherry, but to no avail. "Cherry showed some interest in him," Stevens told the newspaper, referring to Jerry. "She displayed typical mating behavior—she approached him and called to him, she even looked like she was nesting. We thought it was great and it was all going to happen, but nothing ever did."

Feathers flew, however, when Ben and Jerry were shacked up together. "To our surprise, the two males really took to each other and it was obvious that they really liked each other," Stevens said, adding: "Ben and Jerry do make a lovely couple."

Ben and Jerry aren’t the first gay members of the animal kingdom. Roy and Silo, penguin residents of the Central Park Zoo in New York City, mated there a decade ago—among the 1,500 species that have been observed engaging in homosexual activity. But Ben and Jerry's coupling is bad news for blue ducks in England, where the threesome is thought to be among the only such birds in the country, the Telegraph reports. Blue ducks are native to New Zealand and are threatened with extinction, according to that country's Department of Conservation.

So, in the name of planetary diversity, what's the ethical thing to do? IVF for duckies?

I found this after looking at some neighborhood gay mallards. These boys are in love. I wasn't familiar with animals outside of mammals engaging in homosexual behavior, especially not to the point of extinction. I'm sure the gay ducks aren't the only reason, but I'd love to hear more on this.

Well, excluding Roy and Silo. (I also just wonder if gut worms really are smart enough to know the damn difference.)

Homosexual behavior to me isn't really interesting unless we're talking in terms of showing a marked preference over time. (Let's face it. I'll sleep with a woman if she's attractive and my date night's open. Low chance of STDs and she's bound to complain less.) I guess I'm interested in the percentage of gay avian friends like Ben and Jerry that pass on Miss Cherry pushing her pudenda every time.

I just really question if this is solely the fault of the gay ducks. I'm wondering if the blue ducks aren't thriving for other reasons.

Probably. I've never heard of a population of ANY animals being so overrun with homosexual males that it drove them to extinction. I just don't know enough about birdies outside of North America. Lots of birds do it to pass time between breeding seasons, but that's it. Just interesting to me.

Since domesticated "duck hell" is probably an oven, I think many are going there, regardless of sexual preference. - A delious thought, I must add. ;)

Oh jeez. I feel like a monster for loving fois grais.

But I seriously wish I was eating some right now.

Them kids and their slang

TalkAndJive said:

Oh jeez. I feel like a monster for loving fois grais.

But I seriously wish I was eating some right now.

Is that what they call it these days?

(What? Too obvious?)

Really? Do they give the ducks very nice bread?

well you see they give the ducks what they give humans: worms and slime, but the ducks don't seem to mind that actually the like it, they just flock to the third and fifth circle like crazy!

So do these two male ducks actually attempt to mate with each other? Or are they just buddies who are not interested in this particular female?

Back