Does religion lead to a happier life?

Isn't the thought of death with no after life depressing? Of course, theists are going to be happier.

Isnt living a life with the fear of going to hell going to make you less happy?

P.s. Drugs can make you happy :m:

No, fear of going to hell doesn't make you less happy - unless you have reason to fear it.

No, fear of going to hell doesn't make you less happy - unless you have reason to fear it.

sure it exists and we are told we are all sinners, and sinners go to hell, you even said in a previous post that without the fear of hell you would do more wrong, so you live in fear.

As long as you're not there I'll be very happy to go there even though I don't believe in hell or heaven.

Well, not believing won't stop you from going. I'd say you better bring a fire extinguisher.

Well, not believing won't stop you from going. I'd say you better bring a fire extinguisher.

Why? I'll be just fine knowing you're not coming to the Bar B Q . Again, I don't believe in that nonsense.

Don't worry, someday you will discover God, then you will be truly happy. In the mean time, try not to contemplate suicide, it isnt painless.

Dude...I grew up in the church. I discovered God a long time ago. I don't need fairytales to be happy...and don't worry I won't be greasing myself anytime soon.

Kinda ironic that the guy that says I need God to be happy has "fuck you, bastards" as his title. What would Jesus say?

Last edited:
Back