Does no one have a heart.

Jolly Rodger

Banned
Banned
:confused: Does no one have a heart, besides the Australians.
Australia has just committed 1 billion dollars in aid to the countries that were affected by this tsunami, why isn't America or England, or even the European union committing the same (in ratio worth:donation) or more??
If you ask me, if a nation of less than 25 million people can commit that much these other countries can dig a bit deeper into their pockets.

Last edited:
sorry i dont follow.... i'm from france ... i am just saying that australia is a pretty small nation, and as a ratio to worth:donation they have really dug deep....

Last edited by a moderator:
And how much heart one has nowadays is evaluated by how much money that heart wastes... :rolleyes:
Fucked up little civilization.

no buddy, it is about how much you give, if it is of money value or something else it is still giving, and that is love which i used the word heart for.... you follow or do you want me to explain it differently ??

I am sure America has more money to give than what it has, same with England / U.K. and the European union is rolling in it. it is about as i said above the ratio of
Worth: Donation....
Meaning the ratio of,
How much money a country has: to how much it has given away....
Do you know what a ratio is, nob?

Whatever happened to just wishing good luck and "we hope you get up soon"?
I follow your thought and it sickens me right to the very core of it.

well you must have a weak stomach my friend because all i am saying is that if all the nations dug deep into their pockets the suffering could come to an end quicker, i am not saying strait away, just quicker.

Suffering is a part of life, just like birth, laughter and death.

Give them shitloads of money? Ha! Pretty soon they'll start to ridicule you and design all kinds of sneaky ways to get out more "love".

Jolly Rodger said:

i am just saying that australia is a pretty small nation, and as a ratio to worth:donation they have really dug deep

Fair 'nuff. Except ... well, that explanation doesn't reconcile very well with either your topic title or its repetition in the topic post:

Does no one have a heart, besides the Australians.

Aid donations should not be a moral competition. As Cohen notes in the article included in the post I referred you to, the alleviation of suffering is not our gift, but our obligation.

One-upping the neighbors shouldn't be part of that.

tiassa said:
Aid donations should not be a moral competition.
I agree although I think if you can give more why not.. the aussies are obviously not going to make themselves become a 3rd world nation because they are giving this money all i am saying is, that other nations could comfortably give more money

As a tax paying australian I'm disgusted.
They didn't even stop to think that maybe some of us are legitimately morally opposed to helping.
The dispicable sin of criticising mother nature's work will now forever rest on my soul.
Great.

Brother, can you spare a dime for us to spare?

Take the U.S. for example, whose public contribution of $350m ranks fourth at present. While private donations have reached $200m and counting, my question on increasing the public commitment is simple:

From whom should the United States borrow the money?

Last edited:
On a side note, the US is cheap.
I think australia recieved a "bill" for the supplies we used while fighting america's war. That's just shameless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I don't follow.. :rolleyes:
Anyways, has anybody thought about that, but... "how much is enough? " (BBC)

Dr Lou Natic said:
As a tax paying australian I'm disgusted.
They didn't even stop to think that maybe some of us are legitimately morally opposed to helping.
The dispicable sin of criticising mother nature's work will now forever rest on my soul.
Great.

You paid your taxes, good work, you voted in your gov. there for your taxes are at the disposal of your gov. there for stop wining. Because really if little Johnny gave everyone a call before he want to make a decision Australia would be the one in need of aid.

Back