Does God allow evil? Of course not.

Yeah, so atheists dont help the poor?

That's not what I said. Often, we have no idea what happens to the money we give people on the street, they can buy food or they can buy drugs. How is it helpful if they buy drugs? In other words, there are other ways far more better ways to help the poor that don't require giving money to people on the street. Donating to food banks if far more effective, for example.

That's not what I said. Often, we have no idea what happens to the money we give people on the street, they can buy food or they can buy drugs. How is it helpful if they buy drugs? In other words, there are other ways far more better ways to help the poor that don't require giving money to people on the street. Donating to food banks if far more effective, for example.

Do you think that a side effect of atheism is an inherent lack of compassion OR do those who lack compassion gravitate towards atheism? This is like a chicken and egg question.

Sorry, are you asking me if I give money to every single person on the street with their hand out? Obviously, not. No one does.
But what I was saying is not just giving a few coins to the occasional beggar, but taking a beggar under your wings and giving him a life.
That degree of hurt.

But what I was saying is not just giving a few coins to the occasional beggar, but taking a beggar under your wings and giving him a life.
That degree of hurt.

I doubt many would and I dont think it is a good idea to go further than giving some money to people you do not know.

Giving, especially when you are low on funds means a lot though.

I was interested in bringing out a point to Q that no one wants to be in that situation.

Do you think that a side effect of atheism is an inherent lack of compassion OR do those who lack compassion gravitate towards atheism? This is like a chicken and egg question.

Compassion is something we all have, it has evolved along with other traits.

That degree of hurt.

Sorry, but no one does that and it is unlikely most "beggars" would go along with that.

Sorry, but no one does that and it is unlikely most "beggars" would go along with that.
It wouldn't be unheard of.

If the beggars are "professional" beggars they wouldn't do it, but there are people that aren't just begging for a living.

Atheists seem to end with better morals, of which compassion is a component. Religions divide. Secularism unites. Which is better?

[video=youtube;94f2h-5TvbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94f2h-5TvbM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Regards
DL

Of course not. What God allows is free will. He gave us the ability to think and reason.

I think that that is a lie. God did not allow A & E a free will.

Please tell us what happened to A & E the first time they used their free will.
Did God not murder them by neglect and keeping them forcibly away from the tree of life?

Is that you idea of what free will is?

Is a death sentence not something that annuls a free and unencumbered free will?

Regards
DL

Of course not. What God allows is free will. He gave us the ability to think and reason.
IF god is omniscient and created ALL,,he created your future so everything is Predestined and you cant have free will..

Getting your information about Christianity from Pat Robertson
is like getting your information about evolution from Pat Robertson.
If a person believes nonsense about one thing, they are likely to believe nonsense about everything.

Back