Do trees have feelings?

Do trees have feelings?

• Total voters
Of course trees have feelings.
It's not quite the same as we experience, not even close really but feelings they have and their responses are not to stimuli alone.
Do animals lie? Stupid, ignorant, naive, dumb question!
Do trees have feelings? Not nearly as naive, dumb or stupid but ignorant nonetheless.
Trees have capabilities for perception, comprehension and response beyond our scope of reasoning.
We don't understand it but it exists.

And look at what happened in the Garden of Eden !

Exactly.... the Tree of Knowledge.

When you consider how long our ancestors spent in trees - millions of years in fact - doesn't it seem likely that trees would possess a vast amount of knowledge about us?

Perhaps they grew weary of supporting us or knew our destiny lay elsewhere, and so created fruit which caused us to lose our hair and become bipedal?

Exactly.... the Tree of Knowledge.

When you consider how long our ancestors spent in trees - millions of years in fact - doesn't it seem likely that trees would possess a vast amount of knowledge about us?

Perhaps they grew weary of supporting us or knew our destiny lay elsewhere, and so created fruit which caused us to lose our hair and become bipedal?

How can our ancestors have lived in trees for millions of years when the world was only created 6, 000 years ago ?
Read your Bible, preferably one whose pages , or should that be leaves, are made from wood.

How can our ancestors have lived in trees for millions of years when the world was only created 6, 000 years ago ?
Read your Bible, preferably one whose pages , or should that be leaves, are made from wood.

Myles: The biblical secateur, pruning the tree of knowledge!

I haven't a clue. I failed philosophy. Sounds good though.I only know it because I overheard a man saying it in a lift.

To me, it indicates that legions of people are alienated from nature, which results in their appalling stance against it.

Sort of, I once went out on a limb and plucked a barely ripe cherry to sample its bittersweet nectar.

Ahhh! Happy days!

Our game was more robust. Pruning happened in the playground. It meant grabbing someone by the balls and hoping they didn't grab you back. Tears in the eyes.

Our game was more robust. Pruning happened in the playground. It meant grabbing someone by the balls and hoping they didn't grab you back. Tears in the eyes.

Ahh!, those prunes.
Never had that happen but in the fruity stakes I was plum out of luck 'til quite late in the harvest season.

computers have feelings too. otherwise they wouldn't feel anything when i push these buttons, and these letters wouldn't appear on the screen.

Back