Do trees have feelings?

Do trees have feelings?

• Total voters
Do you think trees have conciousness?

They have some form of awareness, but not 'mind'.

Our 'mind' may actually be inferior to a tree's 'consciousness', being so subject to change and short lived.

Myles said:
If there is a definition of feeling which excludes a central nervous systen, I would be intrested to hear it.

But what qualifies as a nervous system?

Could plants and trees have extremely weak nervous systems, electrically based, for example, which are almost impossible to detect?

They have some form of awareness, but not 'mind'.

Our 'mind' may actually be inferior to a tree's 'consciousness', being so subject to change and short lived.

But what qualifies as a nervous system?

Could plants and trees have extremely weak nervous systems, electrically based, for example, which are almost impossible to detect?

A nervous system consists of a brain , neurotransmitters and a complex network of connections. A tree has none of these.

It's pretty hard to know if a person has feelings. I'm not sure how we're going to figure out if plants have feelings.

It's not hard at all. Kick someone, insult them, praise them, play music, make loud noises and you'll get your answer !

A nervous system consists of a brain , neurotransmitters and a complex network of connections. A tree has none of these.

Even though a tree has none of these aforementioned, does not mean it cannot feel, it just utilizes different techniques such as conductance through wood of electricity and channeling it by bark...it is just another type of a system altogether.

And God, if you believe in God of course...but God is everything and possess feelings too, but is altogether a different system than a human body, a system of universe, conscious universe.

Even though a tree has none of these aforementioned, does not mean it cannot feel, it just utilizes different techniques such as conductance through wood of electricity and channeling it by bark...it is just another type of a system altogether.

And God, if you believe in God of course...but God is everything and possess feelings too, but is altogether a different system than a human body, a system of universe, conscious universe.

I know god lives up a tree; I have never been able to find out which one.

Exactly.. every time God farts a new nut forms.
The worst part is that they eventually fall to the ground and form new nut trees..

Did you know you get bigger nuts ( I mean the tree does) if you beat a walnut tree with a stick

Back