Did God actually create Rabies?

I will leave you to your own devices. It nust be a great comfort to you that you know the "actual truth" which is, I imagine superior to the " imaginary truth.

You didn't refute anything I said...looks like its the typical argument from personal incredulity that atheists enjoy using

"You're wrong I say so, it just doesn't seem like what you're saying is true, so its false"

I don't know what full truth is, but I know some truths

You didn't refute anything I said...looks like its the typical argument from personal incredulity that atheists enjoy using

"You're wrong I say so, it just doesn't seem like what you're saying is true, so its false"

I don't know what full truth is, but I know some truths

It's impossible to refute anything if one's interlocutor is a numbskull. Carry on meditating !

Do tell me more.
What makes you believe that there most likely is no eternal hell?
These are all shorthand versions, but hopefully the point will be understandable for each -

1) God sending humans to hell, in most cases, would be equivalent to me sending my dog to the pound for eating a steak i left out in the backyard overnight.

2) I am sure I could work out a better solution, which leads me to believe the creator of the universe could too, and probably has.

3) The bible mentions people being responsible for what they know, and when God is enigmatic and invisible, although supposedly being evident in all creation, the lens is just too foggy to hold humans totally responsible for not BELIEVING in Jesus as their savior.

4) Hell is described as a place for weeping and gnashing of teeth, and for someone who has experienced God and has a relationship with God, as we can assume the writers of the bible did, I'm sure it would be very traumatic. For anyone else it would probably be just like earth, or being dead, who knows.

I can't think of any more reasons right now, but I know i have more.

edit -
5) God as described by the bible is incredibly complex (basically immune to intellectual evaluation if the bible is taken as a whole), so why would the ending of the whole story for many if not most humans, be so goddamn (pun intended) simplistic?

Last edited:
I'm still fascinated by the notion that the unpleasantness of the world is God ensuring that we will want to leave it.

It's like a prison, see, and if it's too nice we'll want to stay. Hence pontine tumors in children, tapeworms and billharzia, etc,

The place is designed by the benevolent God to make us miserable, so we'll want to go to heaven.

That's elegant.

It even covers the many behaviors of Believers that make things noticeably worse - they too act in God's plan, adding to the misery and increasing the attraction of a better place.

I'm still fascinated by the notion that the unpleasantness of the world is God ensuring that we will want to leave it.

It's like a prison, see, and if it's too nice we'll want to stay. Hence pontine tumors in children, tapeworms and billharzia, etc,

The place is designed by the benevolent God to make us miserable, so we'll want to go to heaven.

That's elegant.
and the funny thing is, that despite death, old age and disease operating at a 100% success rate since time immemorial, everyone still tries to work for a permanent settlement here.

"Day after day countless living entities in this world go to the kingdom of death. Still, those who remain aspire for a permanent situation here. What could be more amazing than this?"

Mahabharata (Vana-parva 313.116) in which Maharaja Yuddhistira answers this question from his father, Yamaraja: "What is the most amazing thing in the world?"

and the funny thing is, that despite death, old age and disease operating at a 100% success rate since time immemorial, everyone still tries to work for a permanent settlement here.

"Day after day countless living entities in this world go to the kingdom of death. Still, those who remain aspire for a permanent situation here. What could be more amazing than this?"

Mahabharata (Vana-parva 313.116) in which Maharaja Yuddhistira answers this question from his father, Yamaraja: "What is the most amazing thing in the world?"

Who told you that nonsense ? We don't strive for a permanent settlement here.

The answer to the most amazing thing in the world is that people believe in religion and all that goes with it

well spill the beans ,you big bowl of non-transient desires, you!
:D
I have no illusions regarding permanence. I know I'm toast. I'm just trying to make my stay here as comfortable for myself and those around me as possible.

(rye toast, if you must know...)

Back