definition of god

May i see where you got those figures from or have the name of the book? I would like to point out though thats more likely to be the chances of it happening to any planet, and its happened to 1 out of 9 in our solar system, and there are billions of solar systems perhaps with no other planet like ours, so it could be perfectly possible to happen without a god.

the man with a ? said:
i read in a book that the world would only havr turned out the way it is with out God in a 1/125,000,000 chance...i dont see anything as that lucky...
Okay, let's do an experiment. Take a deck of 52 playing cards, shuffle them and the lay them out in a row. The number of possible combinations is 52! or approximately 8.065e+67 therefore the probability of dealing that specific row of cards is 1/8.065e+67. And guess what; it just occurred. In fact, you will get such an improbable result every time you do so. How lucky is that?

The problem in your logic here is that you're putting the cart before the horse. You're assuming that a specific end result is a necessary condition when there's no reason to assume this. The chance that the world exists as it does is very improbable but it didn't have to be the way it is... it could have been different.

Those of you who are still trying to define God should go back and read Tiassa's superb post on page 1.

~Raithere

Back