define spirituality

it seems like you only responded to the last part of her post..the first part matters also..
that pic does nothing for respect,love, or value

What are you talking about? Are Nazi beliefs to be exempt from the respect-love-value formula?

So you have no issue with militant Anti-Semitism?

You squelch your ego and respect the Nazis, and that is based in love, and valuing freedom across the board?
You believe that Nazis should be free to believe whatever they want?

now you are missing the last part of it....

it's simple. it all comes down to squelching your ego and respecting another, and that is based in love, and valuing freedom across the board. fear, insecurity, and hatred are what turn a disagreement into an attack. people should be free to believe whatever they want to believe without being threatened or threatening.

Can you answer a simple question?
Do you respect and value Nazi beliefs?

no..because theirs is based on disrespect,hate, and devalueing human life.
it does not qualify for what lori has posted..

you had taken her comment completely out of context, all you heard was 'all beliefs should be respected', that is NOT what she said.

Yes, she said that.

no she said..

it's simple. it all comes down to squelching your ego and respecting another, and that is based in love, and valuing freedom across the board. fear, insecurity, and hatred are what turn a disagreement into an attack. people should be free to believe whatever they want to believe without being threatened or threatening.

that is quite a bit differant than her just saying 'people should be free to believe whatever they want to believe'

as i said..you have pulled that completely out of context
the context is the rest of it..

Can you answer a simple question?
Do you respect and value Nazi beliefs?

nope. but, i don't really give a shit what they believe, as long as it doesn't infringe on any one else's beliefs, or cause anyone any harm. that is freedom.

and by respect i mean, to not impose my beliefs on them or cause them harm because of theirs.

no she said..

that is quite a bit differant than her just saying 'people should be free to believe whatever they want to believe'

as i said..you have pulled that completely out of context
the context is the rest of it..

The context is you not squelching your ego enough. :rolleyes:

nope. but, i don't really give a shit what they believe, as long as it doesn't infringe on any one else's beliefs, or cause anyone any harm. that is freedom.

and by respect i mean, to not impose my beliefs on them or cause them harm because of theirs.

Christians cause harm to many people.
But Christians do not care about that.
In fact, they call it "love".

:puke:

"Harm" is probably one of the most relative terms there is.

Christians cause harm to many people.
But Christians do not care about that.
In fact, they call it "love".

:puke:

"Harm" is probably one of the most relative terms there is.

no. it's really not that complicated. my belief doesn't depend on anyone else's and their disbelief or belief doesn't have anything to do with me.

so let me get this straight...because i believe in god, you show me a picture of a bunch of dead jews and equate me with mass murderers. and you don't see that as an attack on your part?

it's ridiculous.

lots of people cause harm, and lots of people don't care, christian or not. and it's not love. i don't care what they want to call it to justify their hatred. it's a lie.

and here's the thing...i am just as sick and tired of religious people using religion as an excuse for hatred, as i am atheists buying their excuse. it's a scapegoat for both. atheists want to blame religion for hatred just as much if not more than religious people because they don't want to admit that there is something much more systemically and pandemically wrong with humans in general...including themselves.

Last edited:
no. it's really not that complicated. my belief doesn't depend on anyone else's and their disbelief or belief doesn't have anything to do with me.

so let me get this straight...because i believe in god, you show me a picture of a bunch of dead jews and equate me with mass murderers. and you don't see that as an attack on your part?

it's ridiculous.

lots of people cause harm, and lots of people don't care, christian or not. and it's not love. i don't care what they want to call it to justify their hatred. it's a lie.

and here's the thing...i am just as sick and tired of religious people using religion as an excuse for hatred, as i am atheists buying their excuse. it's a scapegoat for both. atheists want to blame religion for hatred just as much if not more than religious people because they don't want to admit that there is something much more systemically and pandemically wrong with humans in general...including themselves.

I am showing you that your stance

"it's simple. it all comes down to squelching your ego and respecting another, and that is based in love, and valuing freedom across the board. fear, insecurity, and hatred are what turn a disagreement into an attack. people should be free to believe whatever they want to believe without being threatened or threatening."

is not actually coherent or viable.

And unless you live in a vacuum, your beliefs depend on other people's, and their disbelief or belief has this or that to do with you and your beliefs.

We are interconnected and influence eachother, whether we like it or not.

The lovey-dovey liberals are just living in their own bubble of selective amnesia.

I am showing you that your stance

"it's simple. it all comes down to squelching your ego and respecting another, and that is based in love, and valuing freedom across the board. fear, insecurity, and hatred are what turn a disagreement into an attack. people should be free to believe whatever they want to believe without being threatened or threatening."

is not actually coherent or viable.

And unless you live in a vacuum, your beliefs depend on other people's, and their disbelief or belief has this or that to do with you and your beliefs.

We are interconnected and influence eachother, whether we like it or not.

The lovey-dovey liberals are just living in their own bubble of selective amnesia.

i don't trust anyone else with my beliefs, and i think that's prudent. my belief in god comes from an interaction with god, not with other people. and that's why i think that other's beliefs should not depend on mine. i think that everyone should get their own evidence, from god himself.

i have always thought of it as a religious thing also..

i think the description earlier as:

Spirituality is not bound by any rules. It does not follow any religion and neither does it adhere to any set of principles. Spirituality is the art and science of self-realization. It's a practice of knowing each part of your body. Being spiritual means awakening the very spirit of being who you are. It's means to recognize what you are made of. It can seem complex in the beginning. However, all of us are spiritual beings, it is just a matter of realizing it. Spirituality is a walk towards the ultimate goal of your life. In essence, it's your journey to find yourself. There are many schools of thought that believe in uniting with the pure mental and physical being by meditating. Meditation is focusing on breathing, which is the very reason for existence.

is the best yet that i have found..

There is something unique about the qualities of Spirituality listed by the bible.
They all must be 100%
And one could argue for all them that there is no way to truly be uncompromising-ly selfless unless one defers his worries and concerns to someone like God.

How often are our ideals compromised because of forces beyond our control.
Most agree killing is wrong. If you're "forced" to kill you're compromising your ideas for your life.

Many times we are generous when we can afford to be.
What about when we can't afford it?

How can you be joyful even in suffering?

Some would argue that less there is a GREATER Benefactor such as God then the survival extinct is too strong for simple goodwill to overcome. I think that is the nature of spirituality. Faith...or 100% trust that removes the need to act in ones own behalf and instead act towards others needs.

i don't trust anyone else with my beliefs, and i think that's prudent. my belief in god comes from an interaction with god, not with other people. and that's why i think that other's beliefs should not depend on mine. i think that everyone should get their own evidence, from god himself.

I bet you are an incarnation of some very proud meditator. :p

Back