Dead Squirrels

In my home town of Longview, WA they have a bridge called Nutty Narrows for the squirels to cross over the road so they don't get ran over.

nuttynar.jpg

Didn't someone say somewhere that GeraldoRivera was a reincarnation of someone? :confused:

Pine_net - I'd heard of that, I've also heard of badger tunnels being built under motorways/highways so they don't try to cross in front of the cars. Don't know how successful they are though.

I prefer hedgehogs, but what the hey? Used to have one, too. It was named Hazel.:)

Aww, cute. I once noticed one in my garden, and named it Raul, but never saw it again. :( Saw a dead one in the road the other day. :bugeye: :(

Aww :( :( :( How long did she live? I thought they only lived about 5 years anyway? I'm sure you gave her an easy and comfortable life. :)

She was about 3 or 4, so she was getting on in years. She had a big cage and a little wooden box for a house. there was a hole in the side so she could get in and out, and the top slid off so you could remove her. She had little blankets inside, and at night we would let her roam around on the inside porch. During the winter she would huddle in the corner where 2 of the heat registers met and would sleep there under a washcloth. Strangely enough, she wouldn't eat mealworms, and so we made her meatballs with catfood in them instead, which she liked very much. I want another one.:(

AWWW!!!!1 (You and A4Ever are like, the two sweetest guys ever! :)) I want one too now!! :D :)

'Cept I have a very territorial aggressive (male) cat, so that might be interesting... :p

Just imagine the cats expression after the first time he tried to take a bat at it!:eek: I have a cat who's 17 years old, human years! In very good shape for her age. Her name is Sarah.:) And I have a Siberian husky/bordercollie mix dog named Ike, after the husky my dad had as a kid. He has the widest array of facial expressions that I have ever seen on a dog. It's like he's a human in funny suit.:) I also have 2 turtles (a painted turtle and a mud turtle) that I caught down at my family's camp ages ago. I used to have fish, but the turtles slowly hunted them down and ate them.:(

Whoa, my cat's only about... 5? Thought looking a little worse for wear, due to all the fighting. :( (But he can take it!! He's a MAN cat!! :p ) I woldn't mind having a dog too, but I think my cat might mind. ;) And WOW, you have turtles too? You are so lucky!! LOL at the turtles eating fish - I think you have a talent for story telling! I have fallen in love with all your pets, past and present. :p

My sister's cat is 20 years old, a Tonkanese. She had diabetes, and got over it. The vet said 40% of that type of cat who develop diabetes simply get over it eventually. Since then she's had a stroke, and is stone deaf. But still going strong otherwise. Weird beasty.

The fish were from the camp, too. A whole bunch of smelt. It got down to there only being one left, which managed to evade the turtles for a week or so until its unfortunate demise. Sometimes I find duckweed (puny little floating water plants, each about the size of a grain of rice) and put a bunch in the turtle tank. It disapears quickly. Can't wait till this weekend. I'm going to be going to be going back to the camp. There's a sandbar of sorts in a corner of the lake that has little tiny toads about half an inch long on it. they're grey with 4 orange spots. It's real nice there; one of the few places I feel entirely at peace. *sigh* bliss. bliss is good.:) I'll probably be doing a 6 mile run while i'm there too. Gotta keep training for X-country season!

Ooh, Tonkanese? Haven't heard of that, do you have a photo? (either of you cat, or of a random Tonkan. :p) Do you know if deaf cats are supposed to be at all significantly different from ... non deaf cats? A friend of mine has a deaf cat (She's 100% white, and apparently in these types of cats deafness is common?)

You don't seem to like her? Or should I take "weird" and "beasty" in a good way? :)

Edit - Lesion42; heh, we posted at the same time. :p I used to have fish too, but they died pretty quickly. I was really young though. Hope you have fun at camp though - couldn't you get more fish and like, keep them in a seperate tank (from the turtles) or something? :confused:

Last edited:
Back