Dartmoor Beast Identified As New Species Of European Giant Hyrax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because its more likely that her dog wasn't the one in the photo because its not the same colour, it didn't move the same and there's no owner seen with it for miles!!

She has identified it as her dog. CASE CLOSED.

Just because the collar wasn't seen doesn't mean it wasn't there.
Just because you say no owner was seen doesn't mean she wasn't there.
Just because someone said it didn't move like a dog doesn't mean it didn't move like a 70kg dog moves.

You got nothing, IT'S A DOG, AS PROVEN BY THE OWNER.

Man...talking with CSS is like talking to a 9/11 truther. So convinced of his own beliefs, nothing will sway their unfounded theories.

Just curious...what's the weather like in Dartmoor? Hyraxs have poor thermoregulation, could they even live in that environment?
The south west is warmed from the Gulf Stream and the height of the moors is low, giving average daytime sleeping temps comparable to that of the very high altitude of the Ethiopian population. I would guess that nightime temps aren't so much of a problem since the hyraxes are active and feeding.

Here's someone who has some genuine knowledge of science and investigation who's emailed me to confirm our findings:

Dear A. M. Lowey,

thank you for your comment on my blog entry about Iemsich. I appreciate feed-back!
I learnt something today, and that is good.

Your comment is interesting because it seems to confirm my hypothesis (see my entry) on the Patagonian Tapir), which is an odd-toed (3 toes and four toes) Perissodactyl.

I think I will elaborate on this subject and post on it.

Best regards,

Austin Whittall

The current model says south america and africa split 110 million years ago, but ungulates arrived around 54 million years ago. So if the cryptids are the same thing, its more likely they have a common ancestor of a Mesonychid

So she's an expert on photograph spotting of her own dog is she, despite them being different in color?!
How do you know they're different in colour?
Have you checked the lighting conditions when each photo was taken? Have you checked the film used?

The most important thing to study is the original Sherlock Holmes story, which shows the nature of the beast.

Not my opinion, but the opinion of the World's greatest detective.

See post 76.

How do you know they're different in colour?
Have you checked the lighting conditions when each photo was taken? Have you checked the film used?
lol :roflmao:

The most important thing to study is the original Sherlock Holmes story, which shows the nature of the beast.

Not my opinion, but the opinion of the World's greatest detective.

See post 76.
Captain, Conan Doyle (the author) is an interesting historical literary figure and took inspiration from many differing events and accounts of the day.

lol :roflmao:

Captain, Conan Doyle (the author) is an interesting historical literary figure and took inspiration from many differing events and accounts of the day.

" A historical literary figure"
So you admit than Conan Doyle existed then?
And, in consequence, that his theories on the Dartmoor beast have validity?

Have you read the story yet?

The current model says south america and africa split 110 million years ago, but ungulates arrived around 54 million years ago. So if the cryptids are the same thing, its more likely they have a common ancestor of a Mesonychid
I even think that they could have been joined 55 million years ago due to continental drift accelerating in the glacial periods so that overall they move TWICE as fast as the current speed.

CK; No, I haven't. Too painful. I know the story well and I've read Fortean Times articles about the man and the surrounding legends of huge bear-hounds.

So you're unaware (or choose to ignore) how colour varies with lighting conditions and film used?
Examples - same colour, different times (therefore different lighting):
f104example1.jpg

f104example3.jpg

f104example2.jpg

It still would show the difference between tones of shade though. The Dartmoor beast photo shows gray and black, Troy only shows chocolate.

The south west is warmed from the Gulf Stream and the height of the moors is low, giving average daytime sleeping temps comparable to that of the very high altitude of the Ethiopian population. I would guess that nightime temps aren't so much of a problem since the hyraxes are active and feeding.

Clearly you haven't been to Dartmoor. Well equipped walkers caught out by the weather die of exposure up there.

The highest points are around 2,000ft, not 'low', btw, as 3,000ft counts as being a mountain.

The beast has a tail in the photos. (the same size, shape and furriness of Troy's tail), but Hyraxs don't have tails...How do you account for that? The beast has long legs..(the size, shape, furriness of Troy's legs), Hyrax have short, stubby legs...how do you account that?

The beast has a tail in the photos. (the same size, shape and furriness of Troy's tail), but Hyraxs don't have tails...How do you account for that?
Proof that giant hyraxes* have tails, of course. :rolleyes:

* Hyraxes? Hyraces? Hyraxen?
F*ck it, those animals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back