Dance with the Devil?

Well, Satan seems to be a fictional character, so he's not likely to have any real evil actions. Nevertheless, I can question why someone would worship his fictitional persona, considering how evil and cruel it is.

Nevertheless, I can question why someone would worship his fictitional persona, considering how evil and cruel it is.

But there is the thing.. Fictional or factual what actions can you show that he has done that are ultimately cruel and evil?

Oh and once again, as explained they don't worship a 'satan'.

It seems highly unlikely that there is no one in the world who worships Satan. If you worship something other than Satan, then this thread isn't meant for you. The fictional Satan started a war with God, was defeated by the Angel Michael, and thrown into the abyss. Satan is constantly tempting mankind to do un-Christian things. That sounds pretty bad - doesn't it?

The fictional Satan started a war with God

Where?

was defeated by the Angel Michael

So.. being defeated is an act of evil? :bugeye:

and thrown into the abyss

So.. being thrown in an abyss is an act of evil? :bugeye:

Satan is constantly tempting mankind to do un-Christian things.

Really? Where?

That sounds pretty bad - doesn't it

In comparison to annihilating every living thing on the planet? (etc etc).. Not really, no.

It seems highly unlikely that there is no one in the world who worships Satan. If you worship something other than Satan, then this thread isn't meant for you. The fictional Satan started a war with God, was defeated by the Angel Michael, and thrown into the abyss. Satan is constantly tempting mankind to do un-Christian things.

Strictly speaking, Christian doctrine would have to view all other religions and philosophies as devil worshipping...because it believes there are only two powers in the world - God and Satan.

If you are not following God...you must be following Satan.

Well, wouldn't a satanist be more educated in satanism than me? If he/she isn't a satanist - than why should I believe this user knows any more than me?

everthing you said negative about them is highly similar to evangelical propaganda against them. they belive in living free. they believe that people should enjoy life as long as they do it responsiblity their is nothing evil about them

-Atheists can't be Satanists.

-God set Satan up to be the eternal punisher for humans, so it's not Satan's fault if he does his job well.

-Most ancient religions recognize that death makes way for life and is inseparable from it. Death is thus not the enemy of life.

-God set Satan up to be the eternal punisher for humans, so it's not Satan's fault if he does his job well.

Indeed Spider.. I think a great example can be found in Job 1

'"Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."

The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands.."

As can be seen here, god allowed an evil being to ruin the life of one of gods own children purely for the sake of it.

So the question is.. what's worse? A being that is supposedly naturally evil and thus cannot help it or a being that is supposedly good but then allows evil to mess with his own children?

Strictly speaking, Christian doctrine would have to view all other religions and philosophies as devil worshipping...because it believes there are only two powers in the world - God and Satan.

If you are not following God...you must be following Satan.
M*W: So, if you're saying, if you're not following god, you must be following Satan?

Then what is it if you're not dancing with god, you must be dancing with Satan?

What dance would that be?

I should warn you that Jenyar, the ever prosetelyzing christian au la forum, who dances with gods, believes he dances with eternity. Not so. Whom do you dance with?

So, if you're saying, if you're not following god, you must be following Satan?
No, thats what Christianity is saying...I'm not a Christian. :)
Then what is it if you're not dancing with god, you must be dancing with Satan?

What dance would that be?
"One evening Zarathustra walked through the forest with his disciples, and as he sought for a well, behold, he came upon a green meadow surrounded by trees and bushes, where maidens were dancing together.

And as soon as the maidens recognised him, they ceased dancing. Zarathustra, however, approached them with a friendly gesture and spoke these words:

Cease not your dancing, lovely girls! No killjoy has come to you with an evil eye, no enemy of girls.

God's advocate am I before the devil, but the devil is the spirit of gravity. How could I, you light-footed ones, be an enemy of god-like dances? Or of girls feet with pretty ankles?

Indeed, I am a forest and a night of dark trees. But he who is not afraid of my darkness will also find rose covered slopes under my cypresses...and the little god whom girls like best.

There he lies beside the well...with his eyes shut still."

-Nietzsche.

Back