Culture does not make Right

That says christian zionists believe that a jewish return to Israel is in accordance with the biblical prophecy. I don't believe in biblical prophecies. :cool:

However, if you are expanding the definition of "zionist" to "someone who thinks Israel's claim to its territory has merit," then I can see why you believe that most zionists aren't jewish.

That says christian zionists believe that a jewish return to Israel is in accordance with the biblical prophecy. I don't believe in biblical prophecies. :cool:

However, if you are expanding the definition of "zionist" to "someone who thinks Israel's claim to its territory has merit," then I can see why you believe that most zionists aren't jewish.

I've noticed a curious tendency in those who scream the loudest for the secular rights of women in the middle east to support the "merits" of white European occupation in Palestine.

Just an observation.

-=-

Even without your opinion of opinion, progress depends on what the goal is. Progress then is advancing toward the goal. Whether the goal is good is 1 thing yet progress toward the goal is more objective.

Oh, well in that case I agree; but what is considered" good" can change. The goal can change.

SAM said:
I'd agree if my own personal experience did not show a cultural bias towards how Arab women [or as you keep confusing the two, Muslim women] are perceived in the west. So stories of cultural oppression make little sense after having witnessed the aggressive assertive nature of Arab women.
They don't, eh?

The oppressed are never assertive and aggressive, complicit in their own oppression, confident in their roles?

I once heard a longtime resident of Saudi Arabia who had been raised in the US state that there were two things about the West that Saudis would never understand: feminism and pet cemeteries. I'm beginning to suspect that the scope of the remark about feminism extends beyond Saudi Arabia.

But in fact you would only be respecting the long held customs and beliefs of a group of overbearing male limpdicks who forcibly imposed that set of customs on the women who never volunteered for such treatment. Those customs were designed and enforced by men, not women.You may respect those men's custom to interfere with the lives of others by abusing women... but I'd rather respect the women's right to be free of abuse. :cool:
Do these abused women want to be helped? Are they protesting their treatment? Or will you first have to convince them that they're being oppressed before you liberate them?

Protest how? They're oppressed. :rolleyes:

We didn't see black slaves protesting on the steps of the capitol during the 1800's either madanthony. That doesn't mean that they wanted to be slaves.

They don't, eh?

The oppressed are never assertive and aggressive, complicit in their own oppression, confident in their roles?

I once heard a longtime resident of Saudi Arabia who had been raised in the US state that there were two things about the West that Saudis would never understand: feminism and pet cemeteries. I'm beginning to suspect that the scope of the remark about feminism extends beyond Saudi Arabia.

Quite possible. Look at me after all. :bawl:

Protest how? They're oppressed. :rolleyes:

We didn't see black slaves protesting on the steps of the capitol during the 1800's either madanthony. That doesn't mean that they wanted to be slaves.

In the USA, on the plantations in the south, there were hundreds of black slaves but only a few white men (even if they had guns). The blacks could have risen up, killed the whites and taken over the plantation. Then they could have created their own kingdom right there in the south ...then gone on to invent the atom bomb so as to deter the whites from bothering them with their puny muzzleloading, black powder guns.

But see, they didn't. Therefore, they must have been willing to remain slaves.

Baron Max

Certainly they were willing to remain slaves. The alternative to slavery -- killing their owners -- was being outlaws on the run from lynch parties. I think we'd all be willing to remain slaves in that situation, for the time being. :cool:

Back