Counterproposal: Don't dress like a slut...

Let me put it to you this way. This past two, both of them have had the flu and then a particularly violent attack of viral gastro, which my husband caught then I contracted 2 days ago. I have had no sleep for over two weeks. Neither has my husband. In the time where they had gastro, I was up at 1am, 2am, 3am, and so forth, scrubbing either poo and/or vomit out of my children's bedding, clothing, their hair, faces, bodies and any toys that happened to be in the way.

Right now, I have tonsillitis, still feeling very queasy, still not sleeping because my eldest has decided that sleep is somehow not for him so he refuses to partake in it. Frankly, the thought of being without them for even a single day makes me giggle with delight. I'd probably miss them after I managed to recover and catch up on some sleep. But yeah.. a break would be delightful at the moment.

:bawl:

I'm sorry, Bells...

(Insert title here)

Bells said:

I propose we send all children into complete isolation, where they can scavenge for themselves until they are old and big enough to defend themselves against any attacks upon their person.

There is, somewhere in the annals of Communism—and I confess I cannot recall where—the assertion that the nuclear family is an inefficient means for breeding the next generation of the society. The contrast to that point in my mind comes in the form of two scenes. One, from the cinematic adaptation of At Play in the Fields of the Lord implying juvenile masturbation, and the other from Huxley's Brave New World in which a young child does not want to take part in mandatory sex play. If you want, we can throw in the incest scene from Flowers in the Attic, as if the whole book wasn't leading to that.

Even if we raise them in cells ....

It is a difficult proposition to imagine the transformation of context, especially in being so unappetizing a consideration. Ye gads.

Oh come now, Gustav. You're smarter than that. Perhaps others might be able to claim stupidity as an excuse, but you know damn well this isn't about winning and losing an argument.

Tiassa, stop claiming stupidity as an excuse...

yeah bells, no one is saying that no one will ever be raped if they take precautions. and the precautions being listed are ones which take into account the values of taking certain risks to enjoy your life.

the only precaution which would seemingly work in every situation, and allow you to live however you please, is enjoy all sex and violence. its not rape if you want it.

There is, somewhere in the annals of Communism—and I confess I cannot recall where—the assertion that the nuclear family is an inefficient means for breeding the next generation of the society.

the other from Huxley's Brave New World in which a young child does not want to take part in mandatory sex play.

i love the brave new world one, i think its the one you're speaking of, it really resounded with my own experiences at a point in my childhood in a family of 7. i have a small whiteboard in my room, the only thing on my wall, and that's the quote i keep on it. enjoy!

"And home was as squalid psychically as physically. Psychically, it was a rabbit hole, a midden, hot with the frictions of tightly packed life, reeking with emotion. What suffocating intimacies, what dangerus, insane, obscene relationships between the members of the family group! Maniacally, the mother brooded over her children (her children)... brooded over them like a cat over its kittens; but a cat that could talk, a cat that could say, 'my baby, my baby,' over and over again. 'my baby, and oh, oh, at my breast, the little hands, the hunger, and that unspeakable agonizing pleasure! till at last my baby sleeps, my baby sleeps with a bubble of white milk at the corner of his mouth. my little baby sleeps...'

'Yes,' said Mustapha Mond, nodding his head, 'you may well shudder'."

the book goes on to say "everywhere exclusiveness, everywhere a focussing of interest, a narrow channelling of impulse and energy." "no wonder those poor pre-moderns were mad and wicked and miserable. their world didn't allow them to take things easily, didn't allow them to be sane, virtuous, happy."

Last edited:
So what do you do to reduce your chances of being raped ...?

Reduce, or eliminate? I don't think there is any way of eliminating the possibility of being sexually assaulted, what do you believe?

Reduce, or eliminate? I don't think there is any way of eliminating the possibility of being sexually assaulted, what do you believe?

well actually i already adressed that

the only precaution which would seemingly work in every situation, and allow you to live however you please, is enjoy all sex and violence. its not rape if you want it.

Reduce, or eliminate? I don't think there is any way of eliminating any possibility of being sexually assaulted, what do you think?

Of course there is. One should simply never have contact with any other human being on this planet from birth to death. That would not only reduce the possibility of being sexually assaulted, but also eliminate it entirely. Not viable, but hey, if you want to make sure it doesn't happen to you, that's what you should be doing. Or do as codanblad said:

the only precaution which would seemingly work in every situation, and allow you to live however you please, is enjoy all sex and violence. its not rape if you want it.​

Start with children from birth. Teach them that sexual assault is really fun and thus, not sexual assault at all.

Do either of those options seem feasible or even desirable to you?

:rolleyes:

For Codanblad

Codanblad

My bad. It's a little boy. Chapter three:

The nurse shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing much," she answered. "It's just that this little boy seems rather reluctant to join in the ordinary erotic play. I'd noticed it once or twice before. And now again to-day. He started yelling just now …"

"Honestly," put in the anxious-looking little girl, "I didn't mean to hurt him or anything. Honestly."

"Of course you didn't, dear," said the nurse reassuringly. "And so," she went on, turning back to the Director, "I'm taking him in to see the Assistant Superintendent of Psychology. Just to see if anything's at all abnormal."

"Quite right," said the Director. "Take him in. You stay here, little girl," he added, as the nurse moved away with her still howling charge. "What's your name?"

"Polly Trotsky."

"And a very good name too," said the Director. "Run away now and see if you can find some other little boy to play with."

The child scampered off into the bushes and was lost to sight.

"Exquisite little creature!" said the Director, looking after her. Then, turning to his students, "What I'm going to tell you now," he said, "may sound incredible. But then, when you're not accustomed to history, most facts about the past do sound incredible."

He let out the amazing truth. For a very long period before the time of Our Ford, and even for some generations afterwards, erotic play between children had been regarded as abnormal (there was a roar of laughter); and not only abnormal, actually immoral (no!): and had therefore been rigorously suppressed.

A look of astonished incredulity appeared on the faces of his listeners. Poor little kids not allowed to amuse themselves? They could not believe it.

"Even adolescents," the D.H.C. was saying, "even adolescents like yourselves …"

"Not possible!"

"Barring a little surreptitious auto-erotism and homosexuality–absolutely nothing."

"Nothing?"

"In most cases, till they were over twenty years old."

"Twenty years old?" echoed the students in a chorus of loud disbelief.

"Twenty," the Director repeated. "I told you that you'd find it incredible."

"But what happened?" they asked. "What were the results?"

"The results were terrible." A deep resonant voice broke startlingly into the dialogue.

They looked around. On the fringe of the little group stood a stranger–a man of middle height, black-haired, with a hooked nose, full red lips, eyes very piercing and dark. "Terrible," he repeated.

(Huxley)

Notes:

Huxley, Aldous. Brave New World. 1932. See http://www.huxley.net/bnw/three.html

Of course there is. One should simply never have contact with any other human being on this planet from birth to death. That would not only reduce the possibility of being sexually assaulted, but also eliminate it entirely. Not viable, but hey, if you want to make sure it doesn't happen to you, that's what you should be doing.

Well, let's see, that doesn't seem sensible or prudent to me...

But, each to their own.

So what do you do to reduce your chances of being raped Gustav?

Apparently it can be done. Hell, I'm sure the elderly women who take all precautions by locking their houses securely at night, only to be raped in their own beds while they sleep, would be glad of a few more bits of advice. You going to bring out a few booklets as well on the matter?

what makes you think i have any advice to offer? what do you get from this?

as for the "open ended precautionary theory"..... do not bite
a strawman and slippery slope is what i see
there are far too many variables
what works in peoria may not work in chicago let alone saudi arabia
furthermore, a self confident, 6 foot martial artist would definitely find life a breeze compared to some green highschooler

there are plenty of do's and dont's issued by ye local constabulary if one is desirous of knowing the perils and pitfalls present in any neighborhood. one could even simply ask a policeman about whatnot

from our viewpoint, we can at the most, offer only the most banal of generalities

do i know

1 - where she lives?
2 - who are her neighbors
3 - what is the level of crime over there
4 - any serial perps running around
5 - who are her relatives?
6 - how is the house secured. security systems?
7 - is she alone?
8 - do you fucking get the goddamn picture?

generalities are just the starting point.
you are like a child. after all that has been said, you insist on a all or nothing approach. a 100% level of security or what? dont even bother locking the fucking door? what goddamn dream world do you live in?

you are a filthy fucking troll for doing this, bells
you sicken me

here is what the cops do in boston. ......

The Boston Police Department has created a special squad designed to protect the elderly by patrolling areas of the city where large numbers of older people live.

The 10-officer division, called the Senior Respone Unit, patrols housing facilities for the elderly, banks on Social Security check-cashing days, senior centers, meal sites, and other locations identified as having high concentrations of elderly.

The concept of special police protection for the elderly was introduced to Boston officials last summer by an advocacy group, the Massachusetts Senior Action Council. A member of that Council, Rashidah Ali-Karim,has high praise for the new program: "I know I see more police in (the South End) than I have seen in a long while. What we have is a limited number of officers doing a fantastic job. As far as I can determine, we've come a long way in a short time."

In addition to patrolling certain neighborhoods, members of the Senior Response Unit meet regularly with groups of seniors, primarily in housing units for the elderly, to educate them about safety precautions. The educational aspect of the program is successful, says Sargent James Ellsworth, commander of the Response Unit, "because the seniors are interested and that enables us to address their concerns."

Among the subjects discussed are how the elderly should protect themselves against housebreaks ("know exactly who you are opening the door for, or don't open it at all") and how the elderly should react to purse snaches ("don't struggle and, if possible, tip the bag upside down so that the contents will fall out"). Ellsworth added that in the event that a particular type of scam operation is occuring within the area, he will bring in a detective as a guest speaker to explain the scame and warn the elderly.

According to Ellsworth, the name of the new program--Senior Response Unit--has given some people the wrong idea that the phone number is the one to call for emergency response. He stressed that if elderly residents of Boston need emergency assistance, they should dial the standard emergency number--911. Residents who want to contact the Senior Response Unit superviros in non-emergency situations should call 247-4355. (link)

here is seattle

Most of us would assume taking a bus at 1 p.m. or going for a short walk to the store in broad daylight would be safe. Not lately.

The Seattle Police Department has reported more than 842 strong-arm robberies citywide since January of last year, many of them involving elderly Asian women. Some police officers in the South precinct have even spent time teaching older adults how to protect themselves on the streets.

The Healthy Aging Partnership, a coalition of some 35 nonprofit and public organizations dedicated to the health and well being of Puget Sound seniors, offers these tips to seniors to help avoid becoming victims of crime.

While it isn't always possible to walk in groups, before dark, or without a purse or wallet, it is possible to take important steps toward a much safer trip to the store or neighborhood park. One of the most important rules of thumb when it comes to safety is to be aware of your surroundings.

For example, when walking alone always look in front of you as well as behind you. If you notice someone following you, go to the nearest open business or pay phone and call the police. Always walk in well-lit areas and be familiar with the path you're taking.
Here are some other things to consider for preventing crime:

* If you must carry a purse, hold it close to your body. Do not let it dangle by your side. Also, keep a wallet in a side pocket, rather than in the back.
* When taking the bus, sit close to the driver and be aware of who gets off the bus with you. Trust your instincts. If anyone seems suspicious, report them to the police.
* Avoid dark, unfamiliar or deserted routes - even if they are the shortest.
* Try to tell a family member where you are going and when you'll be back.
* Carry your car or house key between your index and middle finger as a quick weapon to fight off predators. This will also make for faster entry time once you arrive home.
* If someone stops you to ask for directions, answer from a distance. Do not approach the vehicle.
* Never display large sums of cash in public, especially at an ATM machine. Also, don't carry more cash than you need at one time.

Another tip for seniors to remember is to always report any crime or suspicious behavior done to you. Police say that many older adults are fearful of reporting criminal activities, and perpetrators are going unpunished.

The City of Seattle announced in late November an arrest of eight people for the robberies targeting elderly Asian women in the South Precinct. The Seattle City Council held a forum in December to discuss ways to prevent these crimes. The Police Department increased patrols and conducted undercover surveillance, which eventually led to the arrests.

If you have questions about safety prevention or any other issue related to life as an older adult, call the Healthy Aging Partnership's free and confidential information and assistance line at 1-888-4ELDERS (1-888-435-3377). HAP is generously supported by its partner agencies. (link)

if you wanna know the details, call them. furthermore, if they cannot guarantee a completely secure environment, force them to disband the units as a waste of taxpayer money

/smirk

you probably would then have little old biddies beating your sorry ass with their umbrellas

bells said:
Of course there is. One should simply never have contact with any other human being on this planet from birth to death. ....
....., is enjoy all sex and violence. its not rape if you want it.

Start with children from birth. Teach them that sexual assault is really fun and thus, not sexual assault at all.

Do either of those options seem feasible or even desirable to you?

another fucking strawman
ok it is not feasible or desirable

then fucking what? what is your point?
spell it out in an explicit manner. in bold

i dare you
i find you quite insane

/spits

Last edited:
fuck the amity
i shall troll like they do

i mean, the level of hyperbole is astounding!

"Start with children from birth. Teach them that sexual assault is really fun and thus, not sexual assault at all." (bells)

are these people for fucking real?

heh. are you seriously proposing that you have no idea? have you never thought..."wow, that is too daring!" "wow, that is too revealing". ever been a trifle bit self conscious about what you were wearing and wishing you had not?

if so, you are on the right track. extrapolate and use your imagination. remember it is your life.

stay safe, bells
i notice a cognitive dissonance and that worries me
perhaps i am mistaken?

so tell me
how do you live your life?
curious minds want to know

do you boldly go where no woman has gone before?

/snigger

I must say, this seems the epitome of hyperbole.

Bells, answer this...

Do you think this meets the definition of "sensible'? If so, you live in a different universe than me... Maybe Tiassa is there to keep you company?

lemme digress again with some academic input. for the record. for sci's sake.
you fucks carry on blathering like idiots..

the frikkin culture of victimhood. feminist theory and vawa

1111io9.jpg

1112pc7.jpg

1113tf5.jpg

Rhetorically Reconfiguring Victimhood and Agency - The Violence Against Women Act's Civil Rights Clause

It astounds me how so many cannot understand or grasp such obvious sarcasm.

:rolleyes:

Yes, I am advocating locking up everyone from birth so that they live in total isolation. Seriously.. You're taking my word for it and you're asking me if I'm insane?:rolleyes:

Back