Could you be monolithic religious & an evolutionist?

Probably not, the religious seem quite inclined to use these things. However, depending upon where you live people would be ok with you keeping a gun at home. Here in the UK people can't do that, (without specific licences), but in the vastly religious nation known as USA people owning guns is commonplace - hell, the right to do so is part of the constitution.

Guns can be used for many things: They can be used to fight wars, to hunt animals, to start swimming races, to have fun at amusement arcades or to hold up banks or murder people. If you decide not to make anything on the basis that it can be used for bad reasons this would be a pretty empty planet.

What about bombs?

What about bombs?

Explosives can be used for many things.. Stunning fish, demolishing buildings when the space is to be used for something else, to give people joy on November 5th/July 4th etc, or to blow people up and destroy life.

----

Enrico Fermi of Italy—Nobel Prize winner and famous for creating the world's first nuclear chain reaction. Arthur Holly Compton of the United States—Nobel Prize winner famous for his discoveries about electrons and cosmic rays. Niels Bohr of Denmark—Nobel Prize winner famous for his insights into the structure of atoms. Otto Hahn of Germany—Nobel Prize winner famous for his discovery of nuclear fission.

The list continues: Einstein of Germany, Curie and Joliot of France, Meitner and Frisch of Austria, Wheeler and Alvarez of the United States. Most of them winners of the Nobel Prize; all of them superb scientists. An international community, joined in an effort to answer an ancient question—how does matter behave? A community that in 1939 came to focus on one narrow question—what happens to a uranium atom when a neutron hits it?

News Article: "The most wonderful and mysterious force in the universe—the atom's power—will be inconceivable. It could revolutionize the illumination system of the world. It could make war impossible. It is even possible that an instrument might be invented which at the touch of a key would blow up the whole earth and bring about the end of the world."
(aip)

Again; science finds out what is possible. The morality concerning that which is made belongs in a different classroom.

I think you mean these

Interestingly that website shares a domain and registration address with MEMRI.

Network Solutions, P.O. Box 447, Herndon, VA 20172-0447.

Is that surprising or what?

From the same site:
But media outlets go too far in stating that Obama is not a Muslim. If he is not a Muslim, then he is an apostate, since he was born a Muslim. It is firmly established in Islam that the children of a Muslim father are automatically Muslim as well, and it is quite likely that Obama called himself a Muslim while attending school in Indonesia.

Although now claiming to be Christian (in the loose sense of the term, apparently), Obama has refused to speak candidly about his Muslim background. This is his right, of course, but it is also the voters' right to ask. In this case, the questions are important for two reasons, which naturally derive from the fact that radical Muslims are at war with America.

I hope you are donating to their good cause.

Last edited:
Very much into his Eastern religions, Oppenheimer:
We waited until the blast had passed, walked out of the shelter and then it was extremely solemn. We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita: Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him; he takes on his multi-armed form and says, Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds
Do you know that he was an ethics student too?

True, true, see the destruction that theist have brought to the world don't you Sam? It was a scientist that developed the Nuke, however it was a theist that willed it for it's use against others, and also financed it's development.

True, true, see the destruction that theist have brought to the world don't you Sam? It was a scientist that developed the Nuke, however it was a theist that willed it for it's use against others, and also financed it's development.

Yes also see all the scientists that continue to develop all the weapons technology today, using financing provided by theists to be used against theists (since there are so many more of them).

I begin to see a pattern.:bugeye:

The minutes make for some interesting reading:

Psychological Factors in Target Selection

A. It was agreed that psychological factors in the target selection were of great importance. Two aspects of this are (1) obtaining the greatest psychological effect against Japan and (2) making the initial use sufficiently spectacular for the importance of the weapon to be internationally recognized when publicity on it is released.

B. In this respect Kyoto has the advantage of the people being more highly intelligent and hence better able to appreciate the significance of the weapon. Hiroshima has the advantage of being such a size and with possible focussing from nearby mountains that a large fraction of the city may be destroyed. The Emperor's palace in Tokyo has a greater fame than any other target but is of least strategic value.

http://www.dannen.com/decision/targets.html

Very much into his Eastern religions, Oppenheimer:

“ We waited until the blast had passed, walked out of the shelter and then it was extremely solemn. We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita: Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him; he takes on his multi-armed form and says, Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds ”

Do you know that he was an ethics student too?

After fully realizing what sort of monster he created any guy would run for cover searching for sanctity of his deed.

If he is a theist he would search for convenient quotes from scriptures.
If he is an atheist he would put the blame on a theist standing nearby.
If he is only after fame or money he would take both and wash his hands that he is not the one going to use it.

Isn't it possible that God created the world (in six days) already in a stage that scientists would define at an "age of Millions of years"?
Yes…it is also possible that when I put my tooth under my pillow tonight a fairy will give me money for it.
It is also possible that you are an idiot.

Anything is possible.
Now what is probable and why?

For example, you can prove or disprove your stupidity by how you answer this question or what you say in general or how you act.

In other words through empirical means.

Back