Could you be monolithic religious & an evolutionist?

Busy

Banned
Banned
Isn't it possible that God created the world (in six days) already in a stage that scientists would define at an "age of Millions of years"?

Isn't it possible that God created the world (in six days) already in a stage that scientists would define at an "age of Millions of years"?

For theist, any bull shit is possible!! it's just providing the emperical evidence were theist are lacking!!:rolleyes: :D :eek:

K,
I think you meant can people be monotheistic and still believe in evolution, and the answer is yes.

Religious opinions such as Deism are monotheistic, yet hold modern scientific evidence and findings as the reality of the universe's origin, and use rationalism and empiricism as part of their everyday lives.

Yes, anything is possible for a deity.

But why would God set out to deceive us?

LG illogic said:
Really - I thought it was the atheist that was lacking in practical application

Yes, he knows that you believe things like that are the case. Hence he said "For theist, any bull shit is possible!! it's just providing the evidence were theists are lacking!":rolleyes:

Damn I thought I made myself clear enough! It's probably do to so much delusional state, that theist have a hard time comprehending "common sense"

And the argument "you are wrong because you are wrong" borrows from this same body of common sense?

Yawns!!!

You are lacking EVIDENCE of your claims!! and this is specifically what I fucking stated!! get your head out of your (!)

Yawns!!!

You are lacking [SIZE="EVIDENCE [/SIZE] of your claims!! and this is specifically what I fucking stated!! get your head out of your (!)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]be·lief (b-lf)
n.
1. The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.
2. Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something: His explanation of what happened defies belief.
3. Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]faith (fth)
n.
1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief, trust.
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
4. often Faith Christianity The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
6. A set of principles or beliefs.[/QUOTE]

religion!=science

[QUOTE=weakinEnglishcomprehension] get [SIZE="3"]your [/SIZE]head out of your (!)

Science=conclusion formed from data.
Religion=conclusion formed from avoidance of having ones head bashed in, via a copy of the bible.

The cost of your beliefs:
http://nobeliefs.com/beliefs.htm

Great Sam, now just provide EVIDENCE
of your claims, assertions. Who gives a shit what one believes, I can believe I've got a purple monkey on my back, I have faith that the purple monkey on my back keeps me safe. This my belief, and you can't shake me from it!

See the stupidity? the sarcasm of belief? If I've got no evidence of this monkey on my back that keeps me safe, I'm basically delusional!!

What's the difference from asserting a higher purpose, a god, an agel or demon? If you don't have evidence for what you claim to believe, then it's simply delusion! :p

The cost of your beliefs:
http://nobeliefs.com/beliefs.htm

Great Sam, now just provide [SIZE=""]EVIDENCE [/SIZE]
of your claims, assertions. Who gives a shit what one believes, I can believe I've got a purple monkey on my back, I have faith that the purple monkey on my back keeps me safe. This my belief, and you can't shake me from it!

See the stupidity? the sarcasm of belief? If I've got no evidence of this monkey on my back that keeps me safe, I'm basically delusional!!

What's the difference from asserting a higher purpose, a god, an agel or demon? If you don't have evidence for what you claim to believe, then it's simply delusion! :p

I believe Mozart is better than Handel.

I believe van Gogh was a good painter.

I believe Picasso might not have done so well if he was born a 100 years earlier.

Now y'all go ahead and prove its true/false.

Oh, btw, you have to say "Jai Bajrang Bali" to get full protection from your purple monkey. Reading the chalisa is even better, I hear.

PS atheist leaders have proved to be bigger murderers all by themselves than many theists combined.

Last edited:
I believe Mozart is better than Handel.

I believe van Gogh was a good painter

Pure opinion that actually has no value to anything. I love Fleetwood Mac, you dont - it's entirely inconsequential to anything.

When someone asserts that something like a god exists it's a completely different ball game. Even more so when that baseless opinion is shoved upon society in the manner that it is.

PS atheist leaders have proved to be bigger murderers all by themselves than many theists combined.

This argument has no value to anything. Of course if you want to get technical then god, (the jewish/christian version), has killed more people than anyone and everyone combined. Of course communism and atheism are two different things, and of course a person being atheist and being nasty isn't of any relevance to anything. There's nasty people all over the place of all differing beliefs or lack thereof. Move on to something worthwhile.

Back