could I be the NEW MESSIAH?

I just guess you are not new to this jellousy business?

What country are you from? We speak English here.

the reason why that isn't as bad as feeling lust

Yes, it's not as bad, but it's still not good, so it is a sin.

As your arguments Snakelord, I argue for what I believe, not what I do. I don't believe in being insultive to anyone but any time you take the side of the Christian God in modern society, you're going to get often insultive, interrogative, statements. I can play that game too. By claiming to only believe and not do what is always right, I myself can give people a taste of their own medicine, and it is bitter isn't it? What you give me, I spit back out at you. Next time people of your beliefs will realize, we really are offended when confronted with idiotic, insulting questions of these sorts.

it is lust, (which is debateable in and of itself), and thus is a sin"

lust=want, want=greed, greed=self, nothing about it says I want what is right for society and not me. What's to debate? Want creates tempation, which can create sin.

- and indeed seem to be getting a little emotional over a simple discussion.

No, I'm not emotional about it. I'm just giving people like you your own medicine. I actually find this debating amusing, but admittedly kind of monotonous also.

I can go with that to an extent, but what has that got to do with spanking the monkey?

Because as mentioned before that masturbation is natural. And in the natural world, so is killing. Death and the act of producing life are natural. But just because it's natural doesn't mean either shouldn't have rules or personal guidelines placed upon them.

A very very bold statement. I wonder, can you back that up? Can you show that "killing" is something that is done by us 'unbelievers' and not by 'believers'? Can you show that 'unbelievers' have even caused close to the amount of deaths as believers have?

Of course, so called "believers" in God kill, as do unbelievers. But for those that truly believe and are very adherent in keeping God's rules, they know killing is wrong. But in my religion, of course, we have leniancy. If we did kill in defense of ourselves or a loved one, I am sure we would be forgiven or for that matter, anyone else that later grew to believe in God. And my God never killed anyone. They killed themselves. It's a common disease now. The one in charge is responsible for everyone else's screw ups for acting ignorant and when something happens because they didn't follow the rules or use any common sense, who do they blame? The guy in charge, of course. And since you claim God killed them, obviously you believe in God. It sounds a little hypocritical to me.

A rather common way of saying; "I make it up as I go along". The sentiment 'I use my common sense', doesn't mean what it once did. But now, using that common sense of yours, kindly tell me what the problem is with masturbation.

Of course I make some of it up, duhhhh. Just as you do, we aren't robots that are programmed to type something not made up. God gave us something called a "conscience" as most of you know, or reasoning, same thing. It tells us what is right for everyone, not just ourselves. It is the same reasoning made has used to observe the laws of physics, do computations, etc. A lot of what I believe is just common sense. Atleast it's common if you have a decent IQ. And using common sense, masturbation taken too far can lead to what you are lusting after obviously. You don't have to be a genius to figure it out.

Most likely because, if he ever existed, he is now long dead - having long since rotted and fed the worms.

No, he is not, only his body perhaps. Your body is only a vehicle for your soul. It has served him well but the real him is sitting in heaven now or perhaps here on earth as we speak, who knows. Unbelievers treasure the body and lust after it, it is, and always will, be of earth as will unbelievers. But those who believe won't be festering in the earth, but they know that the soul is eternal.

messianic said:
Have suffered a psychotic episode in the years 2000-2002, which i think is the same experience jesus and every other REAL messiah experiences. I need help in pursuing this as i really want to be crowned the one and only messiah! :D

You can start out by healing some people in the hospital.

I argue for what I believe, not what I do

So you're a hypocrite?

I don't believe in being insultive to anyone but any time you take the side of the Christian God in modern society, you're going to get often insultive, interrogative, statements. I can play that game too. By claiming to only believe and not do what is always right, I myself can give people a taste of their own medicine, and it is bitter isn't it?

Ah, you're one of them. The people that prefer to blame their own rudeness on everyone else before continuing with more of that rudeness. jesus would be proud.

Next time people of your beliefs will realize, we really are offended when confronted with idiotic, insulting questions of these sorts.

Questions of these sorts? Strange..

A) The quote you were responding to was not a question, and

B) It wasn't even something I had said.

lust=want

So wanting something is wrong?

want=greed

Why is wanting something greed?

greed=self

What's wrong with wanting something for yourself?

I'm just giving people like you your own medicine.

I'm sorry, what? I asked you a question, nothing more. There is no medicine involved. You made a claim, I questioned you on it. Seems you hate me just because I'm an atheist, or as mentioned earlier, just like blaming everyone else for your personal problems. You really are quite a bitter individual. If I was religious, I'd pray for you.

Because as mentioned before that masturbation is natural. And in the natural world, so is killing.

But neither of them are even remotely close to being the same thing. So you're saying masturbation is wrong because killing is wrong? O..k

But for those that truly believe and are very adherent in keeping God's rules, they know killing is wrong.

Ah "true believers" (c). Might I ask, are you a true believer?

And my God never killed anyone. They killed themselves.

So, the millions upon millions of animals that were all drowned did it to themselves? The 3 month old children did it to themselves?

This is just another show of your blatant hypocricy, (something you have already openly admitted to). It's ok if god does it, it's not his fault.

The one in charge is responsible for everyone else's screw ups for acting ignorant and when something happens because they didn't follow the rules or use any common sense, who do they blame?

The one in charge? Is that not god?? Seems you've finally given a reasonable answer.

And since you claim God killed them, obviously you believe in God.

Oh most certainly.. :bugeye:

It tells us what is right for everyone, not just ourselves.

Clearly it doesn't or we would not be in disagreement.

A lot of what I believe is just common sense. Atleast it's common if you have a decent IQ

Ah, wanting to bring IQ into the discussion heh? Strange thing is though, that your claim was that masturbation is bad. Given that the overwhelming mass majority see nothing wrong with it, must either give everyone a low IQ, or just the handful of you that have issues with it.

masturbation taken too far can lead to what you are lusting after obviously.

So what you are in fact saying is that there's absolutely nothing wrong with masturbation - unless you do it 24/7? Might as well go back now and edit your earlier satements.

Your body is only a vehicle for your soul.

Another claim that you cannot support. Your body is a vehicle for your brain, which eventually rots along with the rest of you.

Unbelievers treasure the body and lust after it, it is, and always will, be of earth as will unbelievers.

Wasn't it jesus that said the body is a temple? Shouldn't people treasure it?

In The Name Of The One And Only GOD. Salaam / Peace; there is plenty of information concerning the Messiah in the fourth gospel and the Revelation of John.

"JOHN 3
1 Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 the same came unto him by night, and said to him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter a second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God!
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Also 1Corinthians 15>

"16 For if the dead are not raised, neither hath Christ been raised:
17 and if Christ hath not been raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18 Then they also that are fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
19 If we have only hoped in Christ in this life, we are of all men most pitiable.
20 But now hath Christ been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of them that are asleep.
21 For since by man `came' death, by man `came' also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive."

That the flesh body is also raised>

"35 But some one will say, How are the dead raised? and with what manner of body do they come?
36 Thou foolish one, that which thou thyself sowest is not quickened except it die:
37 and that which thou sowest, thou sowest not the body that shall be, but a bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other kind;
38 but God giveth it a body even as it pleased him, and to each seed a body of its own.
39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one `flesh' of men, and another flesh of beasts, and another flesh of birds, and another of fishes.
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the `glory' of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 it is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 it is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual `body'."

"50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We all shall not sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 But when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."

I would be remiss if I did not mention that you should also study The Gospel Of Barnabas; see Chapter 173, and other Chapters re: Paradise:

http://www.barnabas.net/chapter_index.htm

http://www.jamaat.net/jforum/viewtopic.php?t=670

Salaam. Faithfully

Woody said:
You can start out by healing some people in the hospital.
I don't believe i have the power to heal, nor do i suppose that part of the bible is meant literally. He could have been a Reiki healer, in which case my girlfriend could do the business!

Back