Conflict

I'm simply a disciple of Christ. I guess I spent too much time in the missionary field in the ME and principally Old Jerusalem, so much of it is habit, I suppose.

Actually upon re-reading this I no longer support Jesse Leigh. What would a Christian Missionary be doing in Old Jerusalem? Perhaps spreading Jews-For-Jesus? Funniest organization potentially ever. I heard a Rabbi saying Jews for Jesus spoke to a classroom of Jews who had no interest in religion...and gave an argument. Immediately the children in the class grew beards and there hair turned white.
Perhaps a member of Massah Israel?

G'morning Cheski!

You ask...

"What would a Christian Missionary be doing in Old Jerusalem?"

Giving Bible studies to Moslems mostly - usually hiding under staircases, or at night in the Jerusalem Forest beside the Yad Vashem. (You must be familiar with the punishment for Moslems caught studying with a Christian and the fate of the Christians who minister to these people?) They were the ones hungry for the Word of God. They sought us out, as did some Bedouins, and so we taught them.

The Jews we met, the practicing ones (most Israeli's are secular), wouldn't lower themselves to speak to us - not that we attempted to interact with them outside of the boundaries of common courtesy, which we didn't find so common amongst that particular group. They couldn't have known that we were Christian, it's not as if we wore tee shirts! And we didn't and don't belong to any group, Cheski, I thought I'd made that abundantly clear. We were in Israel because God sent us there - period.

I have several Jewish friends, some secular, some not, but I take St. Francis of Assisi's advice when people clearly aren't interested in Christ. He said, 'Preach the Gospel daily - if necessary use words.' ;)

Shabbat Shalom - Jesse.

Last edited:
P.S. I wouldn't have taken you for a bigot, Cheski. Are you bigoted against all Messianic Jews or just 'Jews for Jesus' - none of whom I've had the pleasure of meeting yet?

Regardless of what you think of Jesus, He hailed from the tribe of Judah, and therefore, while on Earth, was a bona fide Jew. Most people who call themselves Jews today are nothing of the sort as they are not descended from the tribe of Judah. Most aren't even Semitic but are of Eastern European extraction. Not to split hairs or anything.

Last edited:
G'morning Cheski!

You ask...

"What would a Christian Missionary be doing in Old Jerusalem?"

Giving Bible studies to Moslems mostly - usually hiding under staircases, or at night in the Jerusalem Forest beside the Yad Vashem. (You must be familiar with the punishment for Moslems caught studying with a Christian and the fate of the Christians who minister to these people?) They were the ones hungry for the Word of God. They sought us out, as did some Bedouins, and so we taught them.

The Jews we met, the practicing ones (most Israeli's are secular), wouldn't lower themselves to speak to us - not that we attempted to interact with them outside of the boundaries of common courtesy, which we didn't find so common amongst that particular group. They couldn't have known that we were Christian, it's not as if we wore tee shirts! And we didn't and don't belong to any group, Cheski, I thought I'd made that abundantly clear. We were in Israel because God sent us there - period.

I have several Jewish friends, some secular, some not, but I take St. Francis of Assisi's advice when people clearly aren't interested in Christ. He said, 'Preach the Gospel daily - if necessary use words.' ;)

Shabbat Shalom - Jesse.
P.S. I wouldn't have taken you for a bigot, Cheski. Are you bigoted against all Messianic Jews or just 'Jews for Jesus' - none of whom I've had the pleasure of meeting yet?

Regardless of what you think of Jesus, He hailed from the tribe of Judah, and therefore, while on Earth, was a bona fide Jew. Most people who call themselves Jews today are nothing of the sort as they are not descended from the tribe of Judah. Most aren't even Semitic but are of Eastern European extraction. Not to split hairs or anything.

While there's no purpose in discussing the validity of your latter statements, no progress would be made. However the Muslims there are in a lot of danger for learning anything. Their leaders slaughter them if they attain knowledge...and I must admit I think it's funny that you'd teach a bedouin.

In any case "Shabbat Shalom" means "Peace upon your sabbath". Unless it's Friday night, or Saturday morning you simply say "Shalom" "Kol Tuv"(Be well) "Erev tov" (Good night) "Boker tov" (Good morning)

I know what it means, Cheski - why d'you think I only use it on Shabbat? I had to speak both Arabic and Hebrew in Jerusalem. The sooks are quirky that way. ;)

Have you yourself ever been to Israel? I'm not asking you if you took the dime tour, have you lived and worked there as I have? I'm well aware of the dangers of working with Moslems and see nothing funny in teaching a Bedouin. Why do you? Jesus told us to teach *all* who are hungry for His Word. I don't remember anything about disregarding Bedouins.:shrug:

Shalom Aleichem - Jesse.

Actually upon re-reading this I no longer support Jesse Leigh. What would a Christian Missionary be doing in Old Jerusalem? Perhaps spreading Jews-For-Jesus? Funniest organization potentially ever. I heard a Rabbi saying Jews for Jesus spoke to a classroom of Jews who had no interest in religion...and gave an argument.

Hi CheskiChips,

Just curious as to how many Jewish people today believe Jesus fufilled the prophecies of the messiah according to the OT?
From what I have read by many Jewish Rabbis and Scholars he does not appear to have fufilled them and I tend to agree with what they say based on my own knowledge of both the OT and NT.

Back