Communication with the dead.

Who knows what about this?

I'm highly interested in any [serious] input anyone might or might not have about this, so please.. do tell.

And yes, I have my reasons. I feel no need to spill them here.

My understanding is that the mind is not limited to the physical brain, but is actually a field. And that history is only in memory so the path between past and present are occuring in a single moment for eternity. According to the famous thought experiment of Schrodinger, a cat in a box with a 50/50 chance of being alive or dead, exists in an in-between state until conscious observation verifies it. Whether the cat can verify its own death, if dead at all, is unknown. So consciousness splits the state of the cat into other worlds so that its death and life are taking place simultaneously in a single moment, with no apparent way of communication between conscious observers in each world. This would imply that even if the cat appears to have died, it is not actually dead, only as the physical body in the one world.

Avatar/Enmos: You're both so awesome.

There's nothing like people on Sciforums who have no real life of their own.

I prefer interpreting smoke signals from crematoriums. Just as good as reading future in weed leaves.

I prefer interpreting smoke signals from crematoriums. Just as good as reading future in the weed leaves.

:p

Really though, takethewarhome should provide some of his knowledge.. so we mere mortals can learn.

close_to_you.png

http://xkcd.com/348/

Back