Communication with the dead.

takethewarhome

midnatt klarhet
Registered Senior Member
Who knows what about this?

I'm highly interested in any [serious] input anyone might or might not have about this, so please.. do tell.

And yes, I have my reasons. I feel no need to spill them here.

Who knows what about this?

I'm highly interested in any [serious] input anyone might or might not have about this, so please.. do tell.

And yes, I have my reasons. I feel no need to spill them here.

From Scriptures communication with the dead is possible. But the same scriptures tell us not seek communication with the dead.

I do not know the exact reason for the guidance. But it is speculated that demonic influences can come from séances. Those demons can use the séance as a door to possessing those involved in a séance.

irrespective of the real reason, followers of God, follow His will on the matter and avoide taking part in any attempt to communicate with the dead.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

From Scriptures communication with the dead is possible. But the same scriptures tell us not seek communication with the dead.

I do not know the exact reason for the guidance. But it is speculated that demonic influences can come from séances. Those demons can use the séance as a door to possessing those involved in a séance.

irrespective of the real reason, followers of God, follow His will on the matter and avoide taking part in any attempt to communicate with the dead.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
then why do you communicate with jesus?
He died for your sins, that makes him dead, not to be communicated with.
Now I understand how christians become possessed with jesus.

Communication with the dead has never been proven, and there is currently no scientific basis to assume that it is even possible.

All people claiming such powers are generally merely cold-readers of varying degree of skill, extracting information from the subject without the subject necessarily being aware - through body language etc.

Noone claiming such power has put themselves through scientific scrutiny and come out winning, so to speak.

Be careful!

The dead don't like being disturbed...and they are usually notorious liars!

But if that doesn't discourage you...I can tell you how.
But I really would reconsider!

Communication with the dead has never been proven, and there is currently no scientific basis to assume that it is even possible.

All people claiming such powers are generally merely cold-readers of varying degree of skill, extracting information from the subject without the subject necessarily being aware - through body language etc.

Noone claiming such power has put themselves through scientific scrutiny and come out winning, so to speak.

Just wondering on peoples' thoughts here about pychics like Slyvia Browne?
How is she able to relate details so specific to many people thru just cold reading them?

Having Once Died and Returned to Life:
Tibetan Biographies of the Journey Beyond Death
The de-lok (Îdas log) is a figure in the literature of Tibetan popular religion who Îdiesâ (Îdas), enters the intermediate bardo state, tours the netherworld, and Îreturnsâ (log) to report his or her afterlife experiences and to convey messages about the importance of moral conduct and religious commitment. Biographies of these individuals generally emphasize three points: the Buddhist principles of suffering and impermanence, the fluctuations of karma, and the means by which suffering can be eliminated. As such, the de-lok accounts are in accord with the basic teachings of Buddhism.

Unlike the more formal texts included in the genres of Tibetan death literature, such as the Tibetan Book of the Dead, which are meant to be used primarily as guides for the deceased, recitations and readings of the de-lok biographies are aimed exclusively at a living lay audience. While parallels can be found between these popular texts and those of a more technical nature, the de-lok biographies rarely contain all of the details described in the advanced theoretical works. In addition, it is interesting to note that recent comparative and cross-cultural studies have demonstrated that the death-related events recounted in these Tibetan biographies are remarkably similar to the personal accounts of near-death experience (NDE) reported in the United States and Europe.

more:

http://www.lib.virginia.edu/small/exhibits/dead/returned.html

Okay, apparently I need to clarify a few things here:

First off, this is not intended to be a scientific thread. I know that things of this nature can't be proven, etc.
This is not the place for that..

Secondly, keep Jesus OUT of this thread as well.
I'm not trying to talk to him.

Lastly, only serious responses! I am not laughing, I am not joking, I seek to understand and if it is out there to find, find.

My husband is convinced its an alternate universe rubbing up against ours and sometimes breaking through.

Some believe the dead or spirits make their decision to speak to you. In that way some people exhibit signs of speaking to the dead. They are more likely have more confusion about their existence than you have of your own. So if answers are what you seek, they are not to be found. Just doors to be opened (that may be best left closed).
So basically you want to speak to the dead to realize some sort of self-fulfillment. Surely a spirit will be knocking on your door to help you out.
When a child asks their parent about sex at an inappropriate age, what answer if any is given? Do they not just listen and direct? Are you listening? Many religions encourage fasting as a way to enlightenment. It is recommended to consult a doctor before embarking on a fast.

Lastly, only serious responses! I am not laughing, I am not joking, I seek to understand and if it is out there to find, find.

I'll save you a long trip of frustration. The brain (and brain stem) are responsible for emotion, memory, intelligence, sensory perception, and awareness. When a person dies, all cellular activity in the brain eventually stops. When cellular activity stops then those functions no longer operate.

Okay, apparently I need to clarify a few things here:

First off, this is not intended to be a scientific thread. I know that things of this nature can't be proven, etc.
This is not the place for that..

Secondly, keep Jesus OUT of this thread as well.
I'm not trying to talk to him.

That's why I linked you to this...

http://www.lib.virginia.edu/small/exhibits/dead/returned.html

"Jozen-Bo, I wish to speak with you."

I am here. Do you wish to speak in private or on the forum?

If in private...my e-mail is Jozen-Bo@hotmail.com

If here...ask as you will.

Back