Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus as savior.

Some do; most don't.

The Golden Rule is "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" not "demand that people in the past have things done to them that you want to have done to you." So once again, it does not apply - unless you live in the sort of delusion where you can go back in time and change things.

Policy is timeless.

Substitutionary punishment has never been moral.

Regards
DL

You do know and understand that there are people out in the world who are called sadist

They enjoy having pain inflicted upon themselves

So the so called golden rule tells them they have permission to go out and inflict pain on others

Right?

Only if the hang with other sadists. That is why they hang with masochists.

Regardless, if a sadist asks a masochist to beat him, it would just confuse him or turn him off and nothing would be done to anyone.

The insane or really strange likely do not follow intelligent rules.

Regards
DL

Treat others as you wish to be treated"

Remains pap a ' one size fits all ' answer

Because as I put forward in my view it reflects back to the questioner who provides their own answer

Consent NOT required

I think your correct in that not many people walk down the street punching others in the face

Their internal values prevent such action

Pychos held in check by laws

However if a pycho is walking along punching others in the face and is picked up by a officer of the law

It seems to me simply the psycho (ask the officer does he follow the golden rule

If answer yes) <<<< this step can be missed

Psycho ask officer

Do you want to go to jail

Officer NO

Then under the golden rule let me go

:)

Remains pap a ' one size fits all ' answer
Of course it is. That's pretty much the point.
I think your correct in that not many people walk down the street punching others in the face
Their internal values prevent such action
Agreed. And supporting those values is the simple test - "would I want someone to do that to me?"
Psycho ask officer
Do you want to go to jail
Officer NO
Then under the golden rule let me go
Officer - Well, I could punch you in the face with this nightstick, since you are OK with that, but I will be nicer than that and just take you to jail.

You do know and understand that there are people out in the world who are called sadist

They enjoy having pain inflicted upon themselves
No.

Sadists do not enjoy having pain inflicted upon themselves. They enjoy inflicting pain on others. This actually says nothing about how they themselves would like to be treated.

You are confusing sadism with masochism.

No.

Sadists do not enjoy having pain inflicted upon themselves. They enjoy inflicting pain on others. This actually says nothing about how they themselves would like to be treated.

You are so right

My two neurones let me down on this

I listened to the wrong one

No.

Of which all Abramic religions have .

Policy is. Action you desire to take on others is not.

You are making a fool of yourself. Why not just admit you were wrong, and move on?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

Better a fool than a coward without the stones to take responsibility for his own actions.

Regards
DL

That's why it would be immoral to impose it on someone else, but sacrificing your own well being for another is the definition of altruism.

Sacrifice? What sacrifice?

Can a God die?

Can theists ignore good common sense and morality?

Read the quotes just above please.

Regards
DL

Even if misguided, if the human being Jesus willingly turned himself in to the authorities thinking his death would teach people a lesson about holding to your principles, that's a powerful act of altruism.

Better a fool than a coward without the stones to take responsibility for his own actions.

Better alive than dead if someone wants to make themselves a crispy in the electric chair in my place

Echoes of

And so say ALL us

Us being a bunch on death row

Even if misguided, if the human being Jesus willingly turned himself in to the authorities thinking his death would teach people a lesson about holding to your principles, that's a powerful act of altruism.

If the principle are worthy, you would have a point.

If you are reading the more Eastern esoteric mystical Jesus, then I will agree.

If you are talking the Rome created Roman ass kissing pacifist Jesus, then I would disagree. His morals and lessons are crap. Especially his no divorce for women policy as well as his asking his sheeple to find justice in substitutionaru atonement.

Regards
DL

Better alive than dead if someone wants to make themselves a crispy in the electric chair in my place

Echoes of

And so say ALL us

Us being a bunch on death row

That would really help the victims family gain closure as they see your murderous face walk by their house the next day.

Only a fool will advocate for substitutionary atonement.

That is why no court would accept it. It is immoral.

Tell us how you would feel if it was your child's murderer moving in next door?
Would you think justice was done with the death of some other innocent man?

Regards
DL

That would really help the victims family gain closure as they see your murderous face walk by their house the next day.

Moving goal post here

I murdered someone trapped under a rock who was dying of cancer and would have had his injuries pain added to his cancer pain

He had no family or friends for over 10 years he lived alone

See how easy it is to create a scenario to fit any point of view

Except having someone else let themself become a crispy instead of me is not technically speaking substitutionary atonement

Which is the name given to a number of Christian models of the atonement that all regard Jesus as dying as a substitute for others, 'instead of' them

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substitutionary_atonement

Don't see my case there

My case is more ' taking my punishment '

atone·ment
\ə-ˈtōn-mənt\
noun
  • 1 obsolete : reconciliation
  • 2 : the reconciliation of God and humankind through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ
  • 3 : reparation for an offense or injury: satisfaction
  • 4 Christian Science : the exemplifying of human oneness with God
First use: 1513

Mirriam-Webster

That is why no court would accept it. It is immoral.

Tell us how you would feel if it was your child's murderer moving in next door?
Would you think justice was done with the death of some other innocent man?

Bulk answered

Except

it appears god initiated substitutionary atonement

Funny that

Moving goal post here

I murdered someone trapped under a rock who was dying of cancer and would have had his injuries pain added to his cancer pain

He had no family or friends for over 10 years he lived alone

See how easy it is to create a scenario to fit any point of view

Except having someone else let themself become a crispy instead of me is not technically speaking substitutionary atonement

Which is the name given to a number of Christian models of the atonement that all regard Jesus as dying as a substitute for others, 'instead of' them

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substitutionary_atonement

Don't see my case there

My case is more ' taking my punishment '

atone·ment
\ə-ˈtōn-mənt\
noun
  • 1 obsolete : reconciliation
  • 2 : the reconciliation of God and humankind through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ
  • 3 : reparation for an offense or injury: satisfaction
  • 4 Christian Science : the exemplifying of human oneness with God
First use: 1513

Mirriam-Webster

Bulk answered

Except

it appears god initiated substitutionary atonement

Funny that

Really?

With what, these?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

As above, so below.

Scriptures say that Christians are to emulate God.

If you decided a blood sacrifice was required, would you send your only child, or would you have a better moral sense than God and step up yourself.

Who should die first, you or your child?

Most men would step up and thus show a better moral position than God.

Regards
DL

Really?

With what, these?

As above, so below.

Scriptures say that Christians are to emulate God.

If you decided a blood sacrifice was required, would you send your only child, or would you have a better moral sense than God and step up yourself.

Who should die first, you or your child?

Most men would step up and thus show a better moral position than God.

Regards
DL

Whatever

Back