christianity VS democracy

:eek: Oooh! So you want a purely philosophical standpoint? You should have said "all you people", instead of "all you Christians". Had me confused there for a second. What neutral standpoint do you mean? Straight from reason, like a Plato's Republic type of thing?

Originally posted by Jenyar
:eek: Oooh! So you want a purely philosophical standpoint? You should have said "all you people", instead of "all you Christians". Had me confused there for a second. What neutral standpoint do you mean? Straight from reason, like a Plato's Republic type of thing?

when i say neutral i mean, looking at it from the stand point of a democracy and not christianity.

Originally posted by spuriousmonkey
Governments were made to increase the power of a few people.
Maybe, but now they serve a purpose. If the US government simply disappeared today, another would just move in.

I know all you Christians disagree with the decision to separate church and state in 1962.

Slam on the brakes! I'm a christian, and certainly do not disagree with the idea of sepatating church and state! And I kinda doubt that I'm alone on this.

I personally believe that seperating church and state is a necessiary action in any Government if it claims to be a free state. Of course, America loves to bullshit people into believeing that they have specific rights and then limit them. They enjoy ensuring that we all have freedom of religion and then creating the largest advertising campaign in the history of the world - all for the Christian God. By placeing "In God we Trust" on the currency they not only ensure that everyone in America will know God, but they also suppress the minority religions and destroy their freedom. If there is one thing that i disagree with it is pushing beliefs (be them religious, political, economical, etc.) because everyone has the right to think and believe what they will. The church and state are not seperated, and they never will.

~Robin

P.S. I rooted for the 3 party panel of judges that voted that "under God" was unconstitutional, just in case anyone cared :p

John 18:36 Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."
By using that line of scripture it sounds as though you are a follower of the Raelian Movement.:D

Originally posted by UNCStudent
I personally believe that seperating church and state is a necessiary action in any Government if it claims to be a free state. Of course, America loves to bullshit people into believeing that they have specific rights and then limit them. They enjoy ensuring that we all have freedom of religion and then creating the largest advertising campaign in the history of the world - all for the Christian God. By placeing "In God we Trust" on the currency they not only ensure that everyone in America will know God, but they also suppress the minority religions and destroy their freedom. If there is one thing that i disagree with it is pushing beliefs (be them religious, political, economical, etc.) because everyone has the right to think and believe what they will. The church and state are not seperated, and they never will.

~Robin

P.S. I rooted for the 3 party panel of judges that voted that "under God" was unconstitutional, just in case anyone cared :p

you are wrong, the church is very much seperated from state. just because money has "in god we trust" on it, does not mean church is in the state. only 2% of the united states is christian and probably 79% think christians are just as crazy as people who believe in crop-circles and UFO's. "In god We trust" dos not say IN CHRISTIAN GOD WE TRUST. it simpley states that we do not have enough gold to back up our money so we have to trust in the greater power of all things. God is shorter thatn. "In the greater power of all things we trust" the word God does not mean Christian God. Read the dictionary

Not you. Your posts are actually logical and don't state incorrect facts.

Originally posted by JOHANNsebastianBACH
you are wrong, the church is very much seperated from state. just because money has "in god we trust" on it, does not mean church is in the state. only 2% of the united states is christian and probably 79% think christians are just as crazy as people who believe in crop-circles and UFO's. "In god We trust" dos not say IN CHRISTIAN GOD WE TRUST. it simpley states that we do not have enough gold to back up our money so we have to trust in the greater power of all things. God is shorter thatn. "In the greater power of all things we trust" the word God does not mean Christian God. Read the dictionary

Did i say that any mention of god means a Christian God? Perhaps its YOU who should read the dictionary, look up athiest and agnostic. How is it fair to the population of the country that doesnt believe in any all-powerful diety? How is it democratic that a certian belief should be advertised by a government? Spiritual, moral and religious beliefs deserve to be decided by the individual, not the mass. By stating that God does exist prohibits the rights of those who dont believe in a god.

2% of the American Population is Christian? Seems a little low... anyone have any statistics not pulled out of the air?

Johann, if your statistic isnt pulled out of the air, i apologize. Please let me know where you get your information from

~Robin

Yeah, it sounds high but we you are basing your numbers soley on people you know.

84% Christian in North America
http://www.cyber.vt.edu/geog1014/topics/110Religion/table.html

56% Protestant, 28 % Roman Catholic in US
http://www.webclocks.com/population/single_category.asp?casefield=9

In 2002 the percentage of Christians in America has fallen to 82%
http://www.adherents.com/rel_USA.html

And to show how much this varies in major cities
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/pages/newsextra/0920relig.html

Although the numbers are obviously higher in the 'Bible Belt'. If you believe these numbers are inflated, look up the NSRI test which randomly polled 113,000 americans.

I think it's something that was necessary. One of the 'signs of the times', you might say. It had to happen so that the kingdom of God would be realized. Eventually all nations will have to remove the clause "under God", because there will be only one 'kingdom of God' in the end, and all other kingdoms will necessarily stand in opposition to it.

Good Jenyar, so are you suggesting that muslims and Jews, they believe in the one god (the creator), be excluded or included from your kingdom? We both worship the one god and acknowledge al his prophets including Jesus, but the final world war will rise if you force us to eat pig and say Jesus is god.

You also must have some hundreds different types of christians. I don't think the Jehova Wittness, Babtists, and Catholics will ever agree on any terms in any time soon.

I let God decide who enters His kingdom and who doesn't. His revelation to me was that He has reconciled us with Him through Jesus, and that Jesus was qualified to do it. Jews and Muslims also have the Torah and laws. But what happens if you disobey a law given by God?

The only difference between lawlessness and disobeyance is the law. That's why we have it. But it does not guarrantee that you are able to live under it.

Heflores, I haven't been able to figure out if you are a Sunni, Shi'ite or even a muslim. I still do not know how you can be sure of salvation. I think hatred causes more damage than "eating pig".

Back