Christian Nationalism and School Boards

He thought the world was coming to an end during his life time.

"This generation will not taste death...."

Even so, he didn't hole up in a bunker nor retreat into the mountains--and neither did he live in a gated community. Endtimers were abundant then, and even to some degree today, but they still have to live in the world.

Whatever his motivations, Jesus seemed to rightly recognize that material wealth, beyond what is needed for subsistence, and abundance do not guarantee happiness, contentment or even spiritual satisfaction. Taking that further, concentration of wealth and gross inequities do almost guarantee discontentment and unrest amongst the vast majority, hence the "need" for gated communities and similar such bullshit. IOW what he lived and preached was very much the antithesis of what contemporary Evangelical Christians seem to value.

I don't see claiming to be king of any nation.
What do you think Messiah actually means?

EDIT: As per before I will save you time. Messiah is from a Hebrew word meaning "anointed one," they anointed the kings head with oil in ancient times. "Christ" is Greek for Messiah.
That is why the Romans executed him, a claim to the throne which was a treasonous crime.

Last edited:
Even so, he didn't hole up in a bunker nor retreat into the mountains--and neither did he live in a gated community. Endtimers were abundant then, and even to some degree today, but they still have to live in the world
Possibly, scholars are fairly certain on some of the things he said and did and debate other parts.

As I said previously and the point of the OP, teaching these stories the way scholarship outlines them is fine.
The way the school board seems to be presenting them will be more like preaching a religion.

Back