Catholics and Christians

*Originally posted by hockeywings
big point? none whatsoever, just for you to admit that your wrong at this, that is it. *

Some point.
I could have told you right at the start that wasn't going to happen.
wow, nice open mind. what are you doing here? There seems to be no reason for you to be here, why are you?
*Wow, the complete prejudice and discrimination located in this statement absolutely amazes me. *

All of a sudden, everyone's an expert on Christianity.
Why don't you apply some of this expertise to the issue at hand?
Since when does prejudice and discrimination have anything with me being an expert on christianity. It is prejudice and discriminatory because you are basing one's knowledge and whats in their heart on one peice of metal or whatever the cross is made out of.

*that is bad enough just to be able to know one can lie. If one is lieing then you arent listening to their heart. So, in other words yo9u cant have that ability from listening or reading.*

Lying comes from the heart.
You seem to be under the illusion that it is possible to tell the completely successful lie.
From where i am sitting the lie that religious folk have told you is working pretty good.

*Lets say you ... win the super bowl?*

You're asking if I want to fool myself.
No.
Could be THE GAME OF THE CENTURY but you would never watch it because it doesnt say that they won the super bowl directly. wow.

Catholics are not Christians

Okay well I am kinda new at this and I just finished reading all the past post in this arguement and I would just like to say a few things. First of all I would like to establish a few things about my self. I am a male at the age of fifteen and I have taken Faith and Religion into my hands since the age of nine. I have been present in Catholic, Babtist, Methodist, and Presbyterian Churches and i feel that the Catholic is the most contradicting and actually its just plain stupid. Now onto the arguement, I have spoke to many Catholics at my highschool and I have realized that these so called Catholics aren't even aware of their own religion. Half of them don't believe in pergatory, or confessionals. And more than half of them had never herd of (sorry i dont know what its called) but its when the pope sits down in his lil chair(thrown if u will) and says something about Catholicism and it becomes as authortized as the bible. The bible has the upmost authority and the pope can not sit in a chair and meet the same standard. Also while talking to some Catholics I have come across statements stating that Christ established the first catholic church. first of all Christ never established a church, it was Peter. And second of all it was not established as a Catholic Church but later (converted or influenced if u will) and the pope as we know him today came from this church. It began when the Roman Catholic Priest decided that he should have more power than all the other Catholic Priest because he was a priest who was a decendent(if u will) of Peter, so after arguements and differences and the church split between the Eastern Greek Catholic Churches, and the Western Latin Catholic Churches, the Priest of The Roman Catholic Church was granted the posisiton of POPE and now it remains the same. Now that my fellow christians, or my most decieving Catholics is just dispicable.

And just for a final on the spot question....where do u get ur HOLY WATER?...does it come in a monthly shipment from God?

Thank you for your time i am my own man and i feel that i shall bow to non other of the same stature, such as Mary, so i shall only bow to God

it seems you are putting your own spin on the definition of "christianity", most likely taught in your own church but not the others. the catholic church was the *original* christian church before the schism. perhaps i should establish my authority on the topic; i'm a catechist as was my father before me and my brother. we wear crosses as a sign of hope for eternal life and reminder of our own "crosses" to bear. the death on the cross carries great symbolism for catholics. holy week, especially good friday, is the most solemn and holy of holy days. the notion that there are multiple christs is just silly. catholics are not "good" christians because it is probably one of the least restrictive christian churches. you can just live your life and not be bound to the rules. the choice is yours to follow it closely or not at all. criticize catholics all you like but i'd rather be part of a church that doesn't say "sorry, you're not christian enough, please leave."

recited every sunday at mass:

We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is,
seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation, he came down from heaven,
was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary,
and became fully human.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate.
He suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who in unity with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.
We believe in one holy Christian and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Back