• Yes, it is a compliment

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No, it is objectification

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other opinion (post it)

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've never seen a man making a comment that I look good as reducing me to a sexual object. He may view me as such, but I don't. He can view me as a lesser being, but until I agree with him, it will never be true.

And some women deserve to get those rude cat calls. Have you ever seen a 300 lb woman in daisy dukes and a tube top? :eek: She is begging for that kind of attention.

Why is it that the women here themselves can't agree on the severity of "catcalling"?

Because, just like men, everyone is different. Why is it some men "catcall" and others don't? Should there be a universal agreement on "catcalling"?

Because, just like men, everyone is different. Why is it some men "catcall" and others don't? Should there be a universal agreement on "catcalling"?

If certain women are going to constantly bitch over it and call it "sexual harassment", then my answer is: most definitely!

If certain women are going to constantly bitch over it and call it "sexual harassment", then my answer is: most definitely!

Maybe the "catcallers" should agree on an appropriate level of "harrassment" and then certain women wouldn't have to bitch. The point is, no one is going to agree, most people are stupid, everybody is offended by everything and it's best to just think before you open your mouth. That should be the universal agreement, to use common sense.

Maybe the "catcallers" should agree on an appropriate level of "harrassment" and then certain women wouldn't have to bitch. The point is, no one is going to agree, most people are stupid, everybody is offended by everything and it's best to just think before you open your mouth. That should be the universal agreement, to use common sense.

Which poll option did you choose?

Well ... um ... okay.

S.A.M. said:

Strapons and bisexuals come to mind.

A hairy, loudmouthed catcalling construction worker with a strap-on?

Pardon me, please, if I don't thank you for the image.

To the other, I should have been more specific. You know, like "Heterosexual, penile-vaginal sexual intercourse ...."

My bad.

• • •​

Kadark said:

Why is it that the women here themselves can't agree on the severity of "catcalling"?

Because they're individuals? Or had that fact escaped you?

Mod Hat - Notes around

Mod Hat — Notes around

Okay, three down. A few notes:

Codanblad: I had to flip a coin on this, because you did attach a condition. But it seems best to strike that one.

Kadark: I would have greater sympathy if your response to the insult didn't so reflect your posting habits of late.

Orleander: No real problem there, except you're responding to what becomes stricken content. I would have just yanked that portion in accordance with the policy I try to maintain regarding moderated content, except that's all there is.

Carry on.

I started reading page one thinking there was only one page but there are 14.... however....

From what I've read, catcalling in its various forms, is pointless and aggravating to women. Are people really that childish? I don't know about YOUR part of the USA but in MY part, practically no one cat calls unless they already know the person and its a bit of a joke....

Mod Hat - Response

Mod Hat — Response

Kadark said:

My "posting habits of late"? Please elaborate.

You've sharpened your knives a bit lately, Kadark:

While, admittedly, I generally disagree with your outlook, your response to the insult seems more like your attempts to escalate in the Religion forum yesterday and today.

Compare that to Tuesday, for instance, when you stepped out and took a swing at a fellow member, but put considerably less effort into it. At least that was Free Thoughts.

• • •​

Lepustimidus said:

Why did you need to put your mod hat on for that post, Tiassa? Feeling a little passive aggressive today, hmm?

When I comment publicly on my actions taken as a moderator—e.g., striking three posts—I do so as a moderator and not a general participant in the discussion.

I'm sorry, does that concept confuse you?

Mod Hat — Response

You've sharpened your knives a bit lately, Kadark:

While, admittedly, I generally disagree with your outlook, your response to the insult seems more like your attempts to escalate in the Religion forum yesterday and today.

Compare that to Tuesday, for instance, when you stepped out and took a swing at a fellow member, but put considerably less effort into it. At least that was Free Thoughts.

Basically, every post you linked to was a response to Michael. If you haven't noticed, Michael has been getting a little annoying lately.

Back