Catastrophism and explaining the Bible

"Because if one rejects Jesus than one is Rejecting God and if One is rejecting God then one is rejecting what is Good. All that is left after one rejects Good is Evil. Therefore those who reject God are evil and will spend eternity with satan."

This is a scary stream of consciousness. It is called absolutism, equatable to the facist regimes of Hitler and Mussolini. All based on indoctrination. And leading to bloodshed.

Why do people find it necessary to come up with outlandish explanations for every freaking catastrophe in the Bible, many of which are only recorded there an no where else?

There is much accuracy in the bible's depiction of events...the flood and numerous other events and descriptions. The fascination is present by many officals and proffessionals who see that.

"Because if one rejects Jesus than one is Rejecting God and if One is rejecting God then one is rejecting what is Good. All that is left after one rejects Good is Evil. Therefore those who reject God are evil and will spend eternity with satan."

This is a scary stream of consciousness. It is called absolutism, equatable to the facist regimes of Hitler and Mussolini. All based on indoctrination. And leading to bloodshed.

Impossible:

If one accepts Jesus one cannot engage in Bloodshed.

And yes God is absolutely right and i agree that His will should be done. Absolutely.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

There is much accuracy in the bible's depiction of events...the flood and numerous other events and descriptions. ....

can you explain the firmament that held the water in the sky before the floods. Does that mean it never ever rained until then and there was never ever a rainbow til after?

"If one accepts Jesus one cannot engage in Bloodshed."

Then why has Christianity, resulted in bloodshed time and time again?

M*W: Good point! Let us not forget the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Burning Times, the Nazi Inquisition, and now the Christian right-wing destruction of Muslim terrorists.

Stretched said:

Because it sounds good to call oneself a Christian, but being one is just too hard?

Or maybe because the Christians don't actually believe in their religion, either?

Perhaps it's because people know what God meant to say.

Then why did the Catholic Church torture, maime, and murder those that didn't believe in the churchs ways? That seems a way to get rid of people that try to think for themselves. Great Christians those Catholics were were'nt they back in the "good ol' days".

Because many people have identified themsleves as christian but in truth they have not been true Christians. A true Christian believes Jesus and does not follow doctrines that seek to justify their rebellion against the teachings of Jesus. They have created another version of Jesus, another jesus.

2 Corinthians 11

1 Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly—and indeed you do bear with me. 2 For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

Then why did the Catholic Church torture, maime, and murder those that didn't believe in the churchs ways? That seems a way to get rid of people that try to think for themselves. Great Christians those Catholics were were'nt they back in the "good ol' days".

They did not believe Jesus but created the doctrine of justifiable war in an attempt to justify their desire to fight and kill and play the power games of this world. Games where both the winners and the losers are all eternal losers.

"Because many people have identified themsleves as christian but in truth they have not been true Christians. A true Christian believes Jesus and does not follow doctrines that seek to justify their rebellion against the teachings of Jesus. They have created another version of Jesus, another jesus."

Firstly, by the same token, how can you be sure that YOU are a "true Christian"?

Secondly, why has this omnipotent god of "good", created such chaos in his own name?

"Because many people have identified themsleves as christian but in truth they have not been true Christians. A true Christian believes Jesus and does not follow doctrines that seek to justify their rebellion against the teachings of Jesus. They have created another version of Jesus, another jesus."

Firstly, by the same token, how can you be sure that YOU are a "true Christian"?

I am open to anyone who can convict me using scriptures that i am not a true Christian. I believe i am a true Christian. But if someone can convince me by using the Word of God that i am not, then i am open to changing my beliefs.

Secondly, why has this omnipotent god of "good", created such chaos in his own name?

Not so much created chaos but allowed people who hate his will to engage in the pursuit and promotion of chaos.

Those who are truly seeking to be lead by God on the right path are given understanding by Him in the Way to go. But those who are proud and hate the will of God need to have a way to justify their rejection of Gods will by twisting the word of God to suit their own agenda. God has made it possible for His Word to be twisted and misinterpreted so that those who hate His will can leave Him while still fooling themselves that they are still justified by Him.

Matthew 7
13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Back