Catastrophism and explaining the Bible

Good question.

The answer is "no." "Sprinkling" is not water baptism, and, furthermore, even if it was, water baptism does not "save" anyone.

God bless you.

God bless you, Nutter, for stating the obvious...for considering the plight of the less fortunate...your condescension is a gift from above...another in a long line of gratui, I mean, gracious gestures bestowed upon this august forum by the Good Lord.

He hath not left Himself without witness"...yea, not even unto the least of these.

"So, does it upset you that God is merciful?"

Yes. Ask the families of the victims about mercy? God appears to have had no mercy for them? Or am I missing something here?

You desire vengeance. But we know that the judgement of God upon sinners is eternal and terrible. You see if this guy Dhamer had lived for 1000 years and had tens of thousands of victims the suffering he would have caused would not even be as a drop in the ocean compared to eternity in the lake of fire.

And as for the families of the victims, They have the same access to God's mercy as Dhammer had.

Some people love mercy while others hate it. But it is just to have mercy on the repentant and i am thankful that God has the kind of mercy that would see this guy Dhamer forgiven in eternity.

I know there are a lot of people out there who have done wrong who will be eternally grateful for the mercy of God. If you want to be one of them stretched the door is open.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

"What do you think? Yes, you're missing something. Isn't that obvious...you suspect it yourself..."

Nope, I think its all a bollocky croc of shit. According to your religion, a dude who slays and scoffs umpteen peeps, gets a splash of water on his forehead and all is forgiven?

Where is the obvious?

A person is saved by accepting the Messiah Jesus as their Lord and Redeemer. A splash of water does not save.

Dhamer went to hell, just like Hussien, just like Mother Theresa, Judas Iscariot, Pope John Paul II JFK, Martin luther King Jr. Ronald Regan, Abraham Lincoln, Karl Marx, Groucho Marx, Buddah, Confucious, and Mohammad. Like I said in a previous post. you mess with the BOOK. God will mess with you. What about 9/11, or the typhoon that hit Asia a few years back on Christmas, the biggest fairy capitol in the WORLD, or maybe the nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.... They denied the book. and for that they were denied a continuation of life and most denied life eternal. The book it out to get you!! One would be wise to befriend the Book and its Author. But, hey, I'm getting on anyone's case here. If you want to slit your own throat, that's your business not mine.

Interesting posts. Seem you know that the Law condemns all but you have missed the most wonderful message of God that He gave to us through the Messiah Jesus.

Here we have streched screaming bollocks against the mercy of God and if he had his way he would remove the mercy of God and have himself condemned by the Law to eternity in the lake of fire.

So yeah the Law does condemn everyone, how fortunate are we who believe Jesus that we have been gifted the forgivness and given the only pass avaliable into eternity with God. The pass that is a gift.

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
~~Hebrews 4:12

Great scriptures :) Yes it does cut into the conscience doesn't it. Really lets you know where you have fallen short hummm. Lets you know how high the wall to eternity is, Then Lets you know the only way to get over that wall is to be lifted up by the Word of God.

Romans 11
32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all. 33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
34 “ For who has known the mind of the LORD?
Or who has become His counselor?”
35 “ Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?”

Do you know of how many ways scriptures can be manipulated to mean doctrine or law?

True...but, "...we are not, like so many, peddlers of God's Word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ. "

True...but, "...we are not, like so many, peddlers of God's Word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ. "
When you say "we" who or what organization does that refer to?

Adstar
"You desire vengeance. But we know that the judgement of God upon sinners is eternal and terrible. You see if this guy Dhamer had lived for 1000 years and had tens of thousands of victims the suffering he would have caused would not even be as a drop in the ocean compared to eternity in the lake of fire."

And you say I desire vengeance? You are dishonest. An allegedly omnipotent being demands coercion by threat of torture?

"And as for the families of the victims, They have the same access to God's mercy as Dhammer had."

Your insensitivity is apparent.

"Some people love mercy while others hate it. But it is just to have mercy on the repentant and i am thankful that God has the kind of mercy that would see this guy Dhamer forgiven in eternity."

So now he escapes the fire.

"I know there are a lot of people out there who have done wrong who will be eternally grateful for the mercy of God. If you want to be one of them stretched the door is open."

These people are naive and avoid responsibility.

The door is open to what? What do I have to confess to? Why do I need mercy?

Adstar
"A person is saved by accepting the Messiah Jesus as their Lord and Redeemer. A splash of water does not save."

And the Muslims, Bhuddists, Hindus, Taoists, Jews and others are all destined for the lake of fire?

Adstar
"Here we have streched screaming bollocks against the mercy of God and if he had his way he would remove the mercy of God and have himself condemned by the Law to eternity in the lake of fire."

Take off your pajamas.

"So yeah the Law does condemn everyone, how fortunate are we who believe Jesus that we have been gifted the forgivness and given the only pass avaliable into eternity with God. The pass that is a gift."

Self rightous drivel ... and the thinking that has caused bloodshed, war and division for as long as religions have infected mankinds psyche.

Photo
"True...but, "...we are not, like so many, peddlers of God's Word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ. "

Self rightous twaddle. We we we ...

Adstar
"You desire vengeance. But we know that the judgement of God upon sinners is eternal and terrible. You see if this guy Dhamer had lived for 1000 years and had tens of thousands of victims the suffering he would have caused would not even be as a drop in the ocean compared to eternity in the lake of fire."

And you say I desire vengeance? You are dishonest. An allegedly omnipotent being demands coercion by threat of torture?

Where is the dishonesty? I do not wish one person to enter into eternity in the lake of fire. That is one of my motivations to reveal it.

But i also know the revealing of the lake of fire does not in fact cause people to be as you say coerced, seems like the lake of fire has little or no effect upon the minds of those who reject the love of God. Just look around here in this forum. If the Lake of fire was an affective form of coercion then the numbers of those who reject the Redemption of Jesus would be reduced. But alas there are many like you who shout Bollocks when offered that love.

"And as for the families of the victims, They have the same access to God's mercy as Dhammer had."

Your insensitivity is apparent.

Your false judgement is apparent.

"Some people love mercy while others hate it. But it is just to have mercy on the repentant and i am thankful that God has the kind of mercy that would see this guy Dhamer forgiven in eternity."

So now he escapes the fire.

I don't know.

Dhamer might have been doing it as a desperate attempt to garner support to avoid the death penalty, maybe it was all fake. But if he was genuine i believe he will escape the fire.

"I know there are a lot of people out there who have done wrong who will be eternally grateful for the mercy of God. If you want to be one of them stretched the door is open."

These people are naive and avoid responsibility.

No, these people acknowledge their wrongs and are grateful for the forgiveness that many of them thought they never deserved and would never get.

Luke 7
36 Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to eat. 37 And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, 38 and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil. 39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, “This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner.”
40 And Jesus answered and said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.”
So he said, “Teacher, say it.”
41 “There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?”
43 Simon answered and said, “I suppose the one whom he forgave more.”
And He said to him, “You have rightly judged.” 44 Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. 45 You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. 46 You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. 47 Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.”
48 Then He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”
49 And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”
50 Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.”

The door is open to what? What do I have to confess to? Why do I need mercy?

We all need mercy. You need mercy for calling the Love of The Truth Bollocks and that's just the start. Of cource if you look into your past with hounesty you will find many things that will come to your rememberance, things that you need to be forgiven for.

Of cource if you think you have noting to be forgiven for then you are calling all your wrong acts and thoughts and words right. And thus you are in rebellion against the will of God. I hope your conscience has not been suppressed to that extent.

Adstar
"A person is saved by accepting the Messiah Jesus as their Lord and Redeemer. A splash of water does not save."

And the Muslims, Bhuddists, Hindus, Taoists, Jews and others are all destined for the lake of fire?

If they reject the Messiah Jesus as their Redeemer, Yes.

"So yeah the Law does condemn everyone, how fortunate are we who believe Jesus that we have been gifted the forgivness and given the only pass avaliable into eternity with God. The pass that is a gift."

Self rightous drivel ... and the thinking that has caused bloodshed, war and division for as long as religions have infected mankinds psyche.

How is that self righteous?

Self righteous means one is justifying themselves by their own goodness. The statement i made here is not an attempt at self-justification. It rather acknowledges unrighteousness and states that eternity with God is a gift from God and a gift that i cannot earn.

And as for bloodshed that has been caused by the pride of men who wish to dominate and force their desires on others. The message of the Messiah Jesus it totally opposed to taking violent actions against our fellow man. Those who truly follow Jesus love their enemies.

Adstar
"If they reject the Messiah Jesus as their Redeemer, Yes."

Why would an omnipotent being react in such a vicious manner if rejected?

Adstar
"If they reject the Messiah Jesus as their Redeemer, Yes."

Why would an omnipotent being react in such a vicious manner if rejected?

Because if one rejects Jesus than one is Rejecting God and if One is rejecting God then one is rejecting what is Good. All that is left after one rejects Good is Evil. Therefore those who reject God are evil and will spend eternity with satan.

The love of unrighteousness is the basis for the rejection of God's will.

2 Thessalonians 2
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

It has never been unrighteousness that has been a block to a relationship with God for we are all unrighteous but it is the Love of unrighteousness that is the Block to eternity with God.

Back