Canadian man forced to support kids that aren't his

basically any woman who gets pregnant can tap any guy on the shoulder with a magic wand and say:

"you the daddy"

He slept with the woman for 16+ years.

He acted as dad the whole time without question.

If you have questions about a meal, you voice them at the beginning, not after the dessert.

Fair? How the hell is that fair? He made that commitment based upon a lie. He assumed the children were his. Being tricking into raising another man's children by a lying whore of a wife is not the same as adoption. As to the issue of why the guy never demanded a paternity test before, I assume he only recently found out his wife was a whore and so previously had no reason to ask for one.

They should track down the guy who knocked up the wife and get child support from him.
I can't believe I'm going to say this but I agree. He obviously didn't have reason to doubt it until now. A naive, gullible, sap he might be for trusting someone, however how many people actually think it's reasonable to ask a spouse/partner for a paternity test at the time "just in case"? As though somehow there wouldn't be a trust issue.:bugeye:
On the other hand, if the guy still wants to act as a father it would be reasonable for him to pay support. He can't ask for visitation or joint custody or anything if he's not willing to pay support. I say he should be given the choice. Continue to be a father to the children and pay support, or renounce them and get out of support.
I agree with this concept too, essentially he'd be adopting them.

He slept with the woman for 16+ years.

So? He didn't bring those children into the world, so he shouldn't be held responsible for their welfare.

He acted as dad the whole time without question.

Because he thought he was the biological father. His behaviour was due to deception on his wife's behalf.

If you have questions about a meal, you voice them at the beginning, not after the dessert.

Shitty analogy, since food and children aren't even remotely similar. But I might just point out that if I start to hurl my guts after the dessert, you can bet your ass I'll be asking questions after the meal.

Does this also mean anyone who acts as step-father towards their spouses kids(lets say for arguements sake she doesn't know who the real dad is either) for long enough is also considered their real "father" and must pay child support?
Hell like people need another reason to stay away from single moms, and I bet a few of them might get some ideas from this case.

that's why some women push the issue of the new husband adopting their child. My husband became my son's guardian but he didn't adopt him. At the time my son thought if he changed his name his father wouldn't know how to find him. Considering his father was stripped of his parental rights, that's never gonna happen. But, we did it so he wouldn't have to change his name.

I wish the courts didn't have to be involved. I feel very sad for the children in the middle of the mess this woman caused.

Women should NOT be allowed to lie to men about the paternity of children they claim the man has fathered. Men should have a right to request a paternity test, before putting a name on a birth certificate if there is any doubt whatsoever, and it could be done without the mother knowing if it was done correctly and by a numbers system to avoid any hurt.

Women in general are manipulative and deceitful when it comes to matters of sex and family, and should be held accountable for their actions. If a woman lies for so long, she should have to make reparations to a man for all that he had done thus far for her family and he should have the choice to continue the relationship with the child and/or support the child via an adoption proceeding through the courts as it would probably be in the best interest of the child to have options and not be subjected to more of their mothers bad choices and bad intentions.

Cases like this just make me sad for the children, and mad as heck at the women who act this way. A woman always knows who fathered their child unless they were drunk, stupid, or a whore.

that's why some women push the issue of the new husband adopting their child. My husband became my son's guardian but he didn't adopt him. At the time my son thought if he changed his name his father wouldn't know how to find him. Considering his father was stripped of his parental rights, that's never gonna happen. But, we did it so he wouldn't have to change his name.

On the basis of this decision though one can only presume he wouldn't have needed to adopt or become guardian to your son, he's automatically considered responsible regardless of how he feels or(in case of OP how aware he is of the situation).
I think that should you divorce then whether or not he's prepared to pay you for the kids welfare even though it's not his is entirely his choice. :shrug:

I wish the courts didn't have to be involved. I feel very sad for the children in the middle of the mess this woman caused.

*waits for the misandrists to cry "The man caused it, he should have chosen to remain in ignorance and agreed to all of his ex-wife's demands!"*

Women should NOT be allowed to lie to men about the paternity of children they claim the man has fathered. Men should have a right to request a paternity test, before putting a name on a birth certificate if there is any doubt whatsoever, and it could be done without the mother knowing if it was done correctly and by a numbers system to avoid any hurt.
Well from what I can gather he had no doubt at the time it's only a long time afterwards, so should the tests be mandatory?

Women in general are manipulative and deceitful when it comes to matters of sex and family, and should be held accountable for their actions. If a woman lies for so long, she should have to make reparations to a man for all that he had done thus far for her family and he should have the choice to continue the relationship with the child and/or support the child via an adoption proceeding through the courts as it would probably be in the best interest of the child to have options and not be subjected to more of their mothers bad choices and bad intentions.

Cases like this just make me sad for the children, and mad as heck at the women who act this way. A woman always knows who fathered their child unless they were drunk, stupid, or a whore.
Bit harsh when both sexes can be complete and total cunts. Could have a point though, after all men must pay alimony for all that a woman loses(has given up) through marraige, so why is it this woman isn't paying for the last 16 years of this guys life????? Welcome to equality.:rolleyes:

....so why is it this woman isn't paying for the last 16 years of this guys life????? Welcome to equality.:rolleyes:

do you think he views 16 yrs of time spent with teh kids as wasted? If so, why would he be asking for more time with them? Or does he suddenly not give a crap about them?

There is no equality in "women's equality". It's a myth. A way for women to make you feel guilty and stand on some higher ground screaming about how unfair life is to them while they get jobs and extra pay because of their gender.

Yes, both sexes can be awful, but the woman holds a special mystery when it comes to children and all of the decision power on whether or not to have said children. It puts her at a distinct advantage over a man, no? Rather unbalancing. I think that paternity tests should be mandatory, and requestable at any time in the future by numbers so that no one cries about the Right to Privacy that doesn't exist in any written constitution.

....I think that paternity tests should be mandatory, and requestable at any time in the future by numbers so that no one cries about the Right to Privacy that doesn't exist in any written constitution.

If my husband EVER asked for a paternity test on our daughter, I would tell him she's not his. She's mine. And I would walk out the door with her.

If my husband EVER asked for a paternity test on our daughter, I would tell him she's not his. She's mine. And I would walk out the door with her.

Which is exactly why supposed fathers should be able to conduct paternity tests without the knowledge of the mother.

He wouldn't have to ask you, and you wouldn't have a right to know he asked. You would never know he did, and it wouldn't matter if you were honest.

We treasure honesty as a society, but people abuse it so frequently that things like this must protect innocent men from having to support or live with lies. The pure emotion and outrage you are describing is exactly the reason it should be mandatory.

Which is exactly why supposed fathers should be able to conduct paternity tests without the knowledge of the mother.

If the relationship os so bad that he doesn't think the kid is his, he needs to end it. He can ask for a paternity test during the divorce.

AND if my husband ever did that, I would tell the court she wasn't his. He doesn't have to pay a dime. He can keep his precious money, after all, that's what counts, right?

I think it's pretty obvious that irrationality is another reason that it's neccessary.

Men SHOULD have a right to a paternity test so that women can't "take" the child away either, like you are describing. What right do you have to just say that it's not his child just because he wants to know for sure? What is your rational behind that utterance? Why should a man be denied the right to his child?

do you think he views 16 yrs of time spent with teh kids as wasted? If so, why would he be asking for more time with them? Or does he suddenly not give a crap about them?

He can have it one of two ways, he can be their "dad" and pay for them, and have rights to see them like any other dad should. Or he can be a friend of the family, not pay for them, and see them when their mother damn well says so. As I say that should be HIS choice to make.

I think it's pretty obvious that irrationality is another reason that it's neccessary.

Men SHOULD have a right to a paternity test so that women can't "take" the child away either, like you are describing. What right do you have to just say that it's not his child just because he wants to know for sure? What is your rational behind that utterance? Why should a man be denied the right to his child?

Notice I wouldn't walk out the door until AFTER he asked for the test. Not before. And if its his child why would he demand a paternity test?

Back