Blood?!?!?!

since lately I've come under attack

I hope ypur not talking about me? I have only been attacking you as a person, not your credentials :D

wasn't this thread about blood types? jess I been gone to long whats been happening here?

Erm.. I'm type 0!

I can give, but I can't recieve! (except from other 0s).

I have studyed immunology at A-Level, but it is too complicated to remember. I remember about anitbodies though - targeting, sticking together, rupturing naughy cells - so many functions.

credentials

Either way, an attack is an attack. Though I'd much rather be arrongant than unreliable.

:rolleyes:

And actually, I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about earlier in this thread. No one here has commented on the sexually unappetizing nature of my name but you WellCooked.

worm girl

Originally posted by Blue_UK
is it worm-girl, warm-girl or something else?

It's short for worm girl, since my reserach is on the small soil nematode C. elegans. You know, the worm that survived the space shuttle crash.

mice

Originally posted by spuriousmonkey
never switch to mouse...

I will probably switch for my post-doc, but I don't know if I'll go to mouse or not. I've done some mouse work and not liked it very much. Do you work on mice? I actually really like Xenopus, it's very cool to work with. If they ever get X. tropicalis sequenced it will be a much more useful system.
I actually just finished my comprehensive exam, and my proposal was on a mouse genetic disease.

yes, i work with mice (and use to do some voles, before they killed off my colony).

I don't like it that you are so restricted in your experiments. Basically you can't do anything experimental..well...not easily.

Re: worm girl

Originally posted by wrmgrl
It's short for worm girl, since my reserach is on the small soil nematode C. elegans. You know, the worm that survived the space shuttle crash.

Is your work related to the worms resiliance?

ARG! VIVISECTION! ANIMAL TESTING!!

I can't think of anything more vile right now!

Yes. I'm against animals involvement in experiments, especially when it involves them being mutilated or... killed.

BUT! that's for another thread.

And this thread now has two example of the tan function. :D

I'm not quite clear why the idea that we should not mistreat animals should lead to sniggers. It's not actually a ridiculous idea. Still, I guess that this is not the time or place for that discussion.

Back