Biblical Morality

is that what original sin means? that the desires of the flesh are inherent? the bible from start to finish is laden with genetic references. and that our thought and body and environment are all connected. i think the bible describes an evolution of man.

No, it's the setup for inherent guilt, a tool by which the Church can use to control and promote the following of its rules. There's no reason in the world to believe that something your ancestors did you are responsible and accountable for, unless you are convinced that the words in the bible are infallible.

People aren't perfect, but original sin takes that and runs with it, saying that everyone is born already corrupt, and the only way you're getting out of it is to buy our solution. So you better believe.

No, it's the setup for inherent guilt, a tool by which the Church can use to control and promote the following of its rules. There's no reason in the world to believe that something your ancestors did you are responsible and accountable for, unless you are convinced that the words in the bible are infallible.

People aren't perfect, but original sin takes that and runs with it, saying that everyone is born already corrupt, and the only way you're getting out of it is to buy our solution. So you better believe.

we are inherently responsible and accountable for what our ancestors did. i'm born into a world and society and family that i did not create and i'm the genetic product of people i didn't choose, and what people could be perfect? "people aren't perfect".

if you took two identical worlds, and introduced one human thought to one but not the other, over time, you would ultimately end up with two entirely different worlds.
Possibly.
But you claimed that this "thought" changed our bodies. Forever. And that science has shown this.
Please provide a link.

we are inherently responsible and accountable for what our ancestors did. i'm born into a world and society and family that i did not create and i'm the genetic product of people i didn't choose, and what people could be perfect? "people aren't perfect".

So say your great grandfather murdered someone. So you and the rest of your descendants have to continue to answer for that crime?

Does that make sense? Do you even believe that people are individuals with their own free will?

we are inherently responsible and accountable for what our ancestors did.

Thats kind of ridiculous but if you want to say that we cannot deny what humanity has done in the past, like many delude themselves into some kind of fantasy of abdication we see in the majority of the posters here, then that is a different matter.

All i say is "whatever makes you (the responders here) feel good" and isnt that what delusion is about? Convincing yourself about something not entirely true.

They dont want to swallow that bitter pill.

"Hey...look at me, i'm different" But are you (speaking in general terms) really?

Thats kind of ridiculous but if you want to say that we cannot deny what humanity has done in the past, like many delude themselves into some kind of fantasy of abdication we see in the majority of the posters here, then that is a different matter.

All i say is "whatever makes you (the responders here) feel good" and isnt that what delusion is about? Convincing yourself about something not entirely true.

john, we're all born into what our ancestors, and their ancestors, and their ancestors and so on did, and we have to deal with it. that's the truth.

Possibly.
But you claimed that this "thought" changed our bodies. Forever. And that science has shown this.
Please provide a link.

our thoughts determine the way we live and the way we live determines our physical makeup. you know that already.

our thoughts determine the way we live and the way we live determines our physical makeup. you know that already.
If we act on them.
Provide evidence for one thought affecting our bodies and those of all our descendants.
Please.

john, we're all born into what our ancestors, and their ancestors, and their ancestors and so on did, and we have to deal with it. that's the truth.

That isnt true. Legally we are not held responsible either. Children of murderers are often times very good people and by the same token good parents have children who commit very bad crimes. You do reap the rewards, through financial inheritance, but that is just in a material way. Its funny because people can have children that are nothing at all like them. They show no signs whatsoever of their parents personalities, in fact a stranger can be more like you than your own child. Sure you have similar appearance but personality is very different.

We are all individuals but we are all still human so yeah i say being part of the human species means that i cannot extract myself from the bad things across the board but i cannot be held accountable. Aside from that, my ancestors were very good.:D

That isnt true. Legally we are not held responsible either. Children of murderers are often times very good people and by the same token good parents have children who commit very bad crimes. You do reap the rewards, through financial inheritance, but that is just in a material way. Its funny because people can have children that are nothing at all like them. They show no signs whatsoever of their parents personalities, in fact a stranger can be more like you than your own child. Sure you have similar appearance but personality is very different.

We are all individuals but we are all still human so yeah i say being part of the human species means that i cannot extract myself from the bad things across the board but i cannot be held accountable. Aside from that, my ancestors were very good.:D

really, you're going to say that, living in the same world i am...that your ancestors were good? and all of that goodness left behind this bounty of goodness for you?

If we act on them.
Provide evidence for one thought affecting our bodies and those of all our descendants.
Please.

ok, let's take one thought and introduce a lie.

for one person, let's change the thought "i am beautiful" to "i am ugly". think about how that one thought could change the lifestyle of the believer, and how the change could impact the believer's offspring, and their offspring, and so on, and so on. we live in a world full of lies and it has a direct impact on our health and our evolution.

ok, let's take one thought and introduce a lie.

for one person, let's change the thought "i am beautiful" to "i am ugly".
How would that be a"lie"?
Beauty is a perception. A personal judgement.
In other words someone who is beautiful to one person may well be considered ugly to another.

think about how that one thought could change the lifestyle of the believer, and how the change could impact the believer's offspring, and their offspring, and so on, and so on. we live in a world full of lies and it has a direct impact on our health and our evolution.
That is a thought that would have to be acted upon, constantly - i.e. not a "mere thought".
And you still haven't shown how it affects ones body. Or done anything other than claim that it "could" affect their offspring.
And no hint of "science"...
So far all you're doing is waffling. As usual.

we live in a world full of lies and it has a direct impact on our health and our evolution.

It isnt so bad. That does sound very similar to the other psoters, in this thread, though.

We are not going to get rid of bad people 'cause they are born every day. We do see less of the institutionalized bad as in fascist dictators and what goes with that. So i cant say things are not getting better.

It isnt so bad. That does sound very similar to the other psoters, in this thread, though.
Other posters in this thread have a direct impact on our health and evolution?
Or other posters are lying?
Links please.

Back